MRI Scan Brain in Delhi / NCR
MRI Brain scan is prescribed for many different reasons and depending on the reason there is an MRI Scan Study. LabsAdvisor.com can get you upto 60% discount on the MRI Scan at renowned labs near you.
If you will like to book your MRI Scan Brain in Delhi now please call us on 08882668822. For a call back from us, fill out the form given at the end of the article
MRI Brain Cost in Delhi
There are various kinds of MRI Brain Scans that may be prescribed by your physician based on the assessment required. In the below table we have given the list of various options available with LabsAdvisor.com where your can check cost and book your MRI brain scan with us at a lower cost than available in the market.
If you are looking for details about the above mentioned MRI Brain Scan Studies in Delhi, check here
What is MRI Brain Scan?
To get a detailed image of the inside of a brain, MRI scan of the brain is done. This is a harmless test because no radiation is involved. Magnetic Resonance Imaging, also called MRI, produces a magnetic field and uses radio waves to obtain the image.
Why is MRI Brain Scan prescribed?
Since the technology passes through the bones of the head, MRI Scan can create images of the internal parts of the brain. Given below are the symptoms leading a doctor to prescribe an MRI of the brain.
- Aneurysms (bulged up blood vessels in the brain)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Hydrocephalus (built up spinal fluid in brain cavities)
- Problems with development
What are the different machines used in the MRI of a Brain?
The two types of machines used in the MRI Scan of a brain are:
- 5 Tesla (1.5T)
- 3 Tesla (3T)
The SI Unit of measure of magnetic field intensity is called Tesla. If the doctor hasn’t prescribed which machine is to be used, one is free to use any, according to their own preference. If you’re claustrophobic, i.e. you have a fear of closed or bound places, you can always choose the open MRI machine to get your brain scanned. Also, sedatives are given if the problem goes out of hands.
What is the technology used in MRI scan of the brain?
A massive machine is used to create a strong resonating (alternating) magnetic field, which transmits multiple radio waves to highlight the tissues and abnormalities under inspection. The machine is like a hollow cylinder, which contains a translating bed on one side (for the patient to lie on). Once the patient is on the bed, it goes inside the cylinder for the machine to generate the resonating magnetic field and thus, creating the images, which are then sent to the computer attached. Print outs can be taken to study the abnormalities further.
What are risks involved in an MRI Brain Scan?
- Excessive sedation is risky.
- An allergic reaction to the contrast material, if injected, is considered to be a very slight risk.
- Any metal element inside the MRI chambers can cause some problems in the MRI.
- If the kidneys are poorly functioned, heavy doses of contrast materials could be risky.
How do I prepare myself for the MRI of Brain?
Follow these simple steps before going for the MRI scan:
- Take off all the metal objects like jewelry, watches, piercings, credit/debit cards.
- Take off the hearing aids, if any.
- Don’t go inside the chambers with spectacles on.
- Take off the braces from your teeth.
- No hairpins, safety pins, metal zippers are to be taken inside.
- Pens, pocket knives, eye lenses must also be removed.
How to book MRI Brain Scan in Delhi?
To book an MRI scan of Brain in Delhi, simply give us a call on 8882668822 and our team will get in touch with you to assist you in the same. Or one could log in to our website www.labsadvisor.com and book the test according to the preference of your location and get the cost right there on the website itself, at the comfort of your home. Also, get a comparison of different price lists on the website, and select accordingly. Other than that, you can fill up the form given below, and we will give you a call back to clear all your queries.
- MRI Scan Centers in Delhi, Gurgaon and Noida
- Complete Info on MRI Knee Scan in India
- Complete Guide to MRI Tests in Delhi
- Know the cost of MRI Scan Cost in Bangalore and Book Online
- MRI Brain Contrast, MRI Brain, MRI Brain Epilepsy Protocol Cost in Bangalore
- Check Full body PET CT Scan in India
- Know Everything about MRCP Scan in India