Find Vitamin D Test Cost in all the labs, compare prices and book appointment online with up to 60% discount at over 250+ labs in 30+ cities exclusively through LabsAdvisor – “India’s Largest Online Medical Test Platform.” Served more than 10 lakh happy customers across the country..
Vitamin D Test Cost & Labs
View all the labs for vitamin D test and updated prices by clicking on the links as it may vary.
|Find Vitamin D Test Labs, Cost & Book Appointment||Vitamin D Test Price on LabsAdvisor Starting from|
|Vitamin D Test Cost in Delhi||₹ 780|
|Vitamin D Test Cost in Gurgaon||₹ 900|
|Vitamin D Test Cost in Noida||₹ 960|
|Vitamin D Test Cost in Mumbai||₹ 1,096|
|Vitamin D Test Cost in Pune||₹ 1,155|
|Vitamin D Test Cost in Chennai||₹ 1,125|
|Vitamin D Test Cost in Bangalore||₹ 1,080|
|Vitamin D Test Cost in Hyderabad||₹ 1,155|
|Vitamin D Test Cost in other Indian cities||₹ 780|
If you need any assistance in finding vitamin D test price, call LabsAdvisor at 09811166231. To get a call back from our customer care team, click on the button below.
Frequently Asked Questions About Vitamin D Test
What is Vitamin D Test?
India is a sunny country and we would expect Indians to have plenty of Vitamin D (For the uninitiated, Vitamin D is produced by our skin in presence of sunlight). However, the truth is very different. Urban India has some of the highest rates of Vitamin D deficiency in the world.
Since this sunshine vitamin is a catalyst of the absorption of calcium in our bones, its lack can cause severe body pains and brittle bones.
Why is Vitamin D Test Done?
These are the five top symptoms which suggest that you should get tested for Vitamin D deficiency.
- Pain in muscles or joints
- Feeling of depression
- Tiredness or fatigue
- People with the diseases of digestive tract e.g. Crohn’s disease
- In Indian context, both men and women should get tested regularly after the age of 30
- People with chronic kidney dysfunction
- People suffering from diseases of digestive tract including Crohn’s disease and celiac disease
Importance of Vitamin D
- Vitamin D is essential for calcium absorption in the body
- Vitamin D helps build the immunity of the body
- Some estimates suggest that over 80% of Indians have less than normal Vitamin D levels.
Food Sources of Vitamin D
- Sunlight is perhaps the best source of Vitamin D. Exposure of skin to sunlight spurs the body to create Vitamin D. However, there are different views on how much sunlight is needed in which geography and for what skin. Generally, 20 – 25 minutes of sunlight exposure is recommended in early morning.
- Fatty fish like salmon and tuna are also a source of Vitamin D for non-vegetarians.
- Certain types of mushrooms also contain vitamin D
However, in the Indian context, it is best to go for vitamin D supplement if deficiency is found. Your doctor may be able to recommend the best plan for vitamin d supplementation. Many times, you may also be required to take calcium supplements with Vitamin D dosage.