Vitamin D Deficiency in India / Vitamin D Test Cost in India
In this short guide on vitamin D deficiency in India, we cover the following areas:
- Vitamin D Test Cost in India
- Deficiency of Vitamin D in Urban Indians
- Symptoms of Vitamin D Deficiency in India
- Who should get tested for Vitamin D Deficiency?
- Why is Vitamin D essential for us?
Vitamin D Test Cost in India
In the list given below, you can check the cost of vitamin D test in various Indian cities
|Vitamin D Test||Minimum Rate|
|Vitamin D Test Cost in Delhi||₹ 750|
|Vitamin D Test Cost in Mumbai||₹ 500|
|Vitamin D Test Cost in Chennai||₹ 500|
|Vitamin D Test Cost in Bangalore||₹ 500|
|Vitamin D Test Cost in Gurgaon||₹ 840|
|Vitamin D Test Cost in Noida||₹ 750|
|Vitamin D Test Cost in Hyderabad||₹ 500|
|Vitamin D Test Cost in Pune||₹ 500|
LabsAdvisor.com can help you book Vitamin D test in any city of India. You may check the rates and the lab options available in your city through the links given above. You can also call us on 09811166231 to book the test now or fill the form given below for a call back.
Deficiency of Vitamin D in Urban Indians
India is a sunny country and we would expect Indians to have plenty of Vitamin D (For the uninitiated, Vitamin D is produced by our skin in presence of sunlight). However, the truth is very different. Urban India has some of the highest rates of Vitamin D deficiency in the world.
Since this sunshine vitamin is a catalyst of the absorption of calcium in our bones, its lack can cause severe body pains and brittle bones.
Symptoms of Vitamin D Deficiency
These are the five top symptoms which suggest that you should get tested for Vitamin D deficiency.
- Pain in muscles or joints
- Feeling of depression
- Tiredness or fatigue
- People with the diseases of digestive tract e.g. Crohn’s disease
Who should get tested for Vitamin D levels?
- In Indian context, both men and women should get tested regularly after the age of 30
- People with chronic kidney dysfunction
- People suffering from diseases of digestive tract including Crohn’s disease and celiac disease
Get ₹200 voucher for any medical test booking
Why is Vitamin D essential for us?
- Vitamin D is essential for calcium absorption in the body
- Vitamin D helps build the immunity of the body
- Some estimates suggest that over 80% of Indians have less than normal Vitamin D levels.
Food Sources of Vitamin D
- Sunlight is perhaps the best source of Vitamin D. Exposure of skin to sunlight spurs the body to create Vitamin D. However, there are different views on how much sunlight is needed in which geography and for what skin. Generally, 20 – 25 minutes of sunlight exposure is recommended in early morning.
- Fatty fish like salmon and tuna are also a source of Vitamin D for non-vegetarians.
- Certain types of mushrooms also contain vitamin D
However, in the Indian context, it is best to go for vitamin D supplement if deficiency is found. Your doctor may be able to recommend the best plan for vitamin d supplementation. Many times, you may also be required to take calcium supplements with Vitamin D dosage.
To know more about the test, you may visit the detailed vitamin D guide by labsadvisor.com
There are some other articles by LabsAdvisor.com that you may find useful