Guide to MRI Scan in Delhi, MRI Scan in Gurgaon and MRI Scan in Noida
For someone who wants to know about MRI Scan in Delhi, Gurgaon and Noida, we are trying to provide a complete guide below. This MRI Scan guide is not meant to be a substitute for medical advice, this is to provide important details which may be relevant for a person who has to undergo an MRI Scan or her relatives and friends. We will cover the following topics in this guide:
- How to book MRI scan in Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida, Ghaziabad or Faridabad?
- What is the cost of different kinds of MRI Scans in Delhi?
- What is an MRI Scan?
- Why is an MRI scan done?
- What are different kinds of MRI Scans?
- What is the procedure of MRI scan?
- Who can not have an MRI Scan?
- Which MRI Scan centres in Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida are on your panel?
- What are the benefits of booking my MRI Scan through LabsAdvisor?
1. How to book MRI scan in Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida, Ghaziabad or Faridabad?
To know the cost and book MRI test at labs near you, please call LabsAdvisor on 09811166231. We have over 40 labs in Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida to give you options near your home. We also get you an economical price on all MRI scans. You will get a better price booking through us than booking with the lab directly.
Fill out the form below with your query on any MRI Scan
2. What is the cost of different kinds of MRI Scans in Delhi?
MRI Scans can be done for various body organs and the cost may vary depending on the organ. Similarly, there are three levels of MRI Scans generally available for each organ – MRI Screening, MRI Scan, MRI Scan with Contrast. Different levels of details in each kind of MRI means different cost. There is also a variation in the magnetic strength of the MRI machine – sometimes doctors require the patient to get her MRI scan done on 3 tesla machine which has a higher power than a 1.5 tesla MRI machine.
We are giving below the minimum cost that is available for a particular MRI Scan with us in Delhi NCR. This page was last updated in January 2017. If you want to check the latest cost or book an MRI Scan immediately, you may click on the name of the MRI Scan you want. This will take you to a listing page with the latest updated MRI Scan cost available with LabsAdvisor.
What is the cost of MRI Scan in Delhi, NCR?
3. What is an MRI Scan?
Full form of MRI is magnetic resonance imaging. This is a common diagnostic procedure used in diagnosis of many kinds of issues in the body. The MRI machine produces a magnetic field and radio waves that interact with the water molecules in the human body. The then generates detailed images of the organ is scanned by the MRI machine. Parts of the body that do not contain water e.g. teeth and bones, do not show up in MRI Scans. The magnetic waves can pierce through the bone and hence it can even produce images of spinal cord which is surrounded by our back bone.
MRI Scan does not cause any pain. It does not require any piercing to the body like in a blood test. Magnetic rays are considered to be safe and hence the MRI scan can be considered a safe procedure.
4. Why is an MRI scan done?
MRI Scan are very versatile and can uncover many diseases, injuries or damage to the body organs. Some reasons why an MRI Scan in done are listed below
- MRI Scan Brain or Head is done to find tumors in the brain, bleeding due to internal injury, damage caused due to stroke, problems eyes or optic nerves
- MRI Scan of Chest may be used for detection of lung cancer or breast cancer, abnormalities in heart or coronary vessels or any other damage to heart or lungs.
- MRI of blood vessels is called magnetic resonance angiography which can give detailed images of arteries and veins including blockages.
- MRI Scans of abdomen or pelvis are used for detection of problems with internal organs including liver, kidneys or pancreas. In women, this MRI scan can look at ovaries and uterus.
- MRI Scans of bones like shoulder or knee or ankle can give a clear picture of ligaments, tendons and cartilages. MRI Scan can also be used to confirm fracture when X-ray is not clear.
- MRI Scan of Spine can give detailed images of spinal cord and conditions associated with it.
For more information on uses of MRI Scan, you may refer to this link from WebMD
5. What are different kinds of MRI Scans?
MRI Scan with or without contrast:
A contrast material is injected in the body for conducting an MRI Scan with contrast. MRI Scan with contract is required when a finer image is needed. It depends on the history of the patient and the problem being detected and hence the doctor is in a position to take a call on this. Generally, MRI without contrast is not effective in detection of tumors.
For more information on difference between MRI Contrast and MRI without Contrast, you may check this link here.
2. Closed vs. open MRI:
Most MRI Scan machines require the patient to lie down and go into a machine. There are people who are afraid of closed spaces. This fear of closed spaces is called claustrophobia. People with claustrophobia may feel anxious during an MRI exam. Sedatives can be given before the exam to ease the anxiety. The alternative is to go for an Open MRI Scan which is costlier. To know more about Open MRI machines in Delhi including labs, cost and pro and cons vs. the closed MRI, check here
3. Difference between 1.5 Tesla and 3 Tesla MRI Scans:
Tesla is a unit of measurement of magnetic strength. There are two different magnetic strength MRI machine available – 1.5 tesla or 3 tesla. A 3 Tesla MRI Scan Machine has magnetic field twice as strong as the one with 1.5 tesla. 3 tesla machines generally produce more detailed images, faster. They are also useful in cases like MR angiography where they may remove the need to do invasive catheter studies. 3T MRI scans are costlier than 1.5 tesla scans. In many cases, 1.5 tesla MRI machine will serve the required purpose.
4. Standing MRI:
In most cases, MRI Scans are done while lying down. In Delhi, a couple of labs offer Standing MRI facility. If you would like to consider a Standing MRI, LabsAdvisor customer care can help you locate one. To check standing MRI options in Delhi, check here.
6. What is the procedure of MRI scan?
An MRI machine looks like doughnut that has both ends open. The patient lies down on a movable table that can slide inside the MRI machine. A radiologist or a technician is with the patient all the time.
The following items have to be removed before starting the MRI Scan
- Purse, wallet, debit cards, credit cards or any other cards with chips
- Mobile phones or any other electronic devices
- Any jewellery or watches
- Other metallic items like coins
Most of the radiology labs conducting MRI Scans will give their own gown to the patient. All of patients belongings are kept outside the MRI room to avoid unnecessary risk to the patient during MRI Scan.
Other less obvious objects that are inside the body of the patient, may create problems in MRI Scanning are given below:
- Metallic rod in the body spinal rod
- Any plates, screws or other metal parts used to repair a bone in the body
- Joint replacement or prosthesis
- Any body piercing metal
- Sometimes makeup and nail polish etc. may contain metal and hence should be removed before the MRI scan
- Any other foreign metallic item in the body
- Dental fillings may distort the images and hence need to be discussed with the radiologist before going for the MRI Scan
Other points that may be required are
- 4 to 6 hours of fasting may be recommended by the lab.
- The radiologist may check if you have kidney problems or have undergone dialysis.
- You may be asked about fear of closed spaces.
- If you are pregnant, you must inform the doctor / radiologist about your pregnancy. The contrast material for MRI with contrast may not be recommended for pregnant women.
- You will be required to stay still during the MRI scan as any motion can cause the images to blur.
During the MRI brain scan, the MRI Machine produces repetitive tapping and other noises. If you are going for MRI scan with contrast, the contrast material will be injected in the body.
An MRI can go on for up to 45 minutes or more.
7. Who can not have an MRI Scan?
MRI Scan is generally safe and most people can have the scan done without any problem. However, people who have any metal in the body may not be allowed. They should discuss with the doctor before the MRI Scan. Similarly, women who are pregnant or breast feeding should highlight this fact. Though, MRI Scans are considered safe for pregnant women, generally the scan is avoided in the first three months of pregnancy. For more information on who should not get MRI done, click here.
8. Which MRI Scans Centres in Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida are on your panel?
LabsAdvisor’s network of labs is pretty impressive. We have over 40 MRI Scan centres in Delhi, Gurgaon and Noida. Some of our key lab partners, where we can get your testing done are listed below:
- Mahajan Imaging, Hauz Khas, South Delhi
- Mahajan Imaging, South Extension, South Delhi
- Janta X-Ray, Aurobindo Marg, South Delhi
- Orbit Imaging, Pusa Road, Central Delhi
- Dr. Suneja MRI
- Hamdard Imaging, Tuglakabad, Delhi
- Orbit Imaging, Dwarka, Delhi
- Advance Diagnostics and Research Centre, Sohna Road, Gurgaon
- Noida MRI and Diagnostic Center, Sector 51, Noida
- Dr. Kohli Imaging and Diagnostic, East of Kailash, Delhi
- Suraksha, Tilak Nagar, West Delhi
- Suraksha, Near Karkardoma Metro Station, East Delhi
- Vatika Medicare, Hauz Khas, South Delhi
- BR Diagnostics, Greater Kailash, Delhi
- Must and More Diagnostics, Rohini, North Delhi
- Saral Diagnostics, Pitam Pura, West Delhi
- Orbit Imaging, Moti Nagar, West Delhi
9. What are the benefits of booking my MRI Scan through LabsAdvisor?
LabsAdvisor is a platform that connect quality certified labs to the end customers. We offer the following services:
- Transparency of cost – MRI Scans booked through LabsAdvisor get you discounts of at least 30% on the market price of the MRI Scan at the same lab. Interestingly, if you book with the lab directly, you will not get the discount. We are able to get a significant discount because of our volumes and there is not payment to the referring doctor.
- Certified Labs – We make a lot of effort to put only high quality labs on our platform. We continuously monitor our patient satisfaction. If a lab is giving unsatisfactory service to our customers, the lab is taken off our portal and no further business is given to them. Hence, at any time, booking through us gives you better chance of going to a great lab.
- Choice – Every patient has different requirements for their MRI Scans. Some people want to save money while others are looking for additional services like home pick-up. Some people want a lab nearby while others are willing to go to a far off lab if they can get an Open MRI for example. We consider your location and other requirements to book your MRI Scan at a lab that suits your need.
Please see below the list of other articles by LabsAdvisor that you may find useful: