Find Poistron Emission Tomography Scan / PET Scan Cost in Delhi in all the labs, compare prices and book appointment online with up to 60% discount exclusively through LabsAdvisor – “India’s Largest Online Medical Test Platform.” Served more than 10 lakh happy customers across the country.
PET Scan Cost in Delhi & Labs
Now book the PET CT Scan in Delhi exclusively at Rs. 9,999 only in the government certified labs. Also avail additional Rs. 300 cashback and redeem in any lab near you on LabsAdvisor for any medical test. The following are the best nuclear imaging centers in Delhi performing PET Scan.
Molecular Imaging & Therapy
Molecular Imaging & Therapy is located in Sanjay Nagar, Ghaziabad – 201002. This lab offers exclusive flat 20% discount on PET CT scan cost to those booking on LabsAdvisor.
Sir Ganga Ram Hospital (Mahajan Imaging)
Mahajan Imaging, which is one of the most popular radiology labs in Delhi is located inside the premises of Sir Ganga Ram Hospital. It is located in Rajender Nagar, Delhi – 110060. You can get flat 4% discount by exclusively booking on LabsAdvisor.
LabsAdvisor Premium Lab
LabsAdvisor Premium Lab which is located in Hauz Khas, Delhi – 110016 offers exclusive flat 36% discount on PET scan cost to those booking on LabsAdvisor.
Frequently Asked Questions About PET Scan
What is a PET Scan?
Poistron Emission Tomography is the full form of PET CT scan. A PET scan or a PET CT Scan is used to check diseases in the body. A full body PET Scan can detect how you’re your organs and tissues are working.
A small amount of a radioactive substance is injected into a vein. This substance under the PET Scan machine can look at the blood flow, oxygen use and metabolism in your body at the cellular level.
The amount of radioactive substance is quite low and hence is not considered harmful.
CT scans provide detailed pictures of tissues and organs, while a PET scan reveals the activities of the tissues and organs, better results are obtained when the CT scan and PET scan are combined.
Thus helping the doctors to decide the accurate diagnosis.
How is a PET scan performed?
- At the beginning of the PET scan procedure, a small amount of radioactive material is injected into the body. The patient does not feel any different.
- It usually takes up to an hour for the radioactive substance to be absorbed by the body. The patients have to wait till.
- After around an hour, the patients are taken to be PET Scan machine room and asked to lie on a table there. The table moves up and the patient will move into the PET scan machine. The machine has a larger opening than an MRI. A PET scan procedure takes about an hour to complete.
- For PET Scan most labs will ask the patient to observe 8 to 12 hours fasting. Patients can drink water but cannot drink tea or coffee.
Why is a full body PET scan prescribed?
The most important reason for prescribing a pet scan is diagnosis and monitoring of cancer. As cancer is spreading its wings in India, the use of PET scan is increasing.
Reasons for using PET Scan:
- Diagnose cancer
- Make decisions about cancer therapy
- Determine how well is the body responding to the cancer treatment
- Brain disorders
- Disorders of heart
- Disorders of central nervous system
Are there any risks associated with PET scans?
During a PET scan, a patient is exposed to radiation from the X-rays and the radioactive drug. The radiation in the radioactive tracer is very small and goes away (decays) very quickly.
This is generally considered as not harmful to the body. However, pregnant women are generally advised not have a PET Scan as the impact of its radiation on the fetus is not known.