Guide to Full Body Fat Analysis Using Dexa Scan including Cost
If you are looking to analyse your body fat and other components like muscle weight, Dexa Scan is the best way to do it. While BMI is being used as an indicator of your obesity status, a much better way is full body fat analysis using Dexa Scan.
In this articles on full fat analysis test, we cover the topics given below. You can book the this test through us at an economical price:
- What is a Full Body Fat Analysis Test?
- Why is a Full Body Fat Analysis Test recommended?
- What is a Full Body Fat Analysis Test Cost in India?
- What are the points to remember for a Full Body Fat Analysis?
- What is the procedure for a Full Body Fat Analysis Scan?
- What are the possible interpretations of a Full Body Fat Analysis test?
- What are the benefits of a Full Body Fat Analysis Test?
- What are the risk factors that can affect a Full Body Fat Analysis Test?
- What are the related tests?
If you want to book your test now, please book online at labsadvisor.com or give us call or Whatsapp on 09811166231 or send an email to email@example.com. If you want call back fill out the form given below.
What is a Full Body Fat Analysis Test?
A Full Body Fat Analysis is done to measure the amount of fat present in a human body. The procedure is executed with the help of a high-tech DEXA machine (Dual Energy X-ray Absorptiometry). The machine works by taking a full-body X-ray with the help of two X-ray beams with different energy levels. X-ray energy is absorbed differently by fat and fat-free tissues, which makes it possible to measure each one separately. The body fat percentage is calculated when the soft tissue absorption is subtracted out. DEXA can also measure the mineral density of the bone (BMD).
It is the most accurate method for body composition analysis trusted by research and sports labs. It quantifies the visceral fat (risk for disease), bone mass (to identify osteoporosis), and much more. It is completely non-invasive and significantly more precise than other procedures such as BMI, BodPod, and Hydrostatic Weighing.
Full Body Fat Analysis is often referred to as the Gold Standard or DEXA Body Composition.
Why is a Full Body Fat Analysis Test recommended?
A Full Body Fat Analysis can help you optimize your health and fitness by giving you metrics that are really relevant. It helps to:
- Give information to help you customize your training and diet to lose fat and build muscle,
- Visualize the distribution of fat in specific areas of the body,
- Notify the impact of your diet on precise muscle gains,
- Discover your bone health and risk for osteoporosis,
- Identify personal long-term health risks such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and hormonal imbalances,
- Detect broken bones and bone mineral density.
What is a Full Body Fat Analysis Test Cost in India?
The cost of full body fat analysis with dexa scan machine is given below. Click on the links below to make an online booking.
|Full Body Fat Analysis Test (click on your city to book online)||LabsAdvisor Min. Cost of Full Body Fat Analysis Test|
|Full Body Fat Analysis Test Cost in Delhi||₹ 2400|
|Full Body Fat Analysis Test Cost in Noida||₹ 2400|
|Full Body Fat Analysis Test Cost in Gurgaon||₹ 2400|
|Full Body Fat Analysis Test Cost in Mumbai||₹ 2400|
|Full Body Fat Analysis Test Cost in Bengaluru||₹ 2800|
What are the points to remember for a Full Body Fat Analysis?
- Wear loose-fitting, comfortable clothing, as you’ll be laying down in a machine for 15 minutes.
- The patient should remain still during the scan. The technician may ask to hold the breath for short duration.
- Patients should wear clothing with no metal, zippers, or buttons. All jewelry should be removed.
- Don’t drink more (or less) water than usual.
- Skip the intake of caffeine on the morning of the scan.
- Don’t eat for 8-12 hours before your scan.
- Female patients may not be allowed for the scan if they are pregnant.
Get ₹200 voucher for your first medical test booking at LabsAdvisor.com.
What is the procedure for a Full Body Fat Analysis Scan?
A Full Body Fat Analysis Scan is a simple and easy 20-minute test that measures the total body fat and the exact breakdown of bone mass, fat tissue, and muscle in the body. A DEXA scan exposes patients to X-ray beams of differing intensities. And experts use it to measure body composition.
The patient lies on a table fully clothed, with the feet together and arms by the side. Then a small dose of radiation is injected into the patient’s vein that passes through the body allowing X-rays to distinguish fat from muscle from bone. The attached machine arm slowly passes over the entire body from head to toe, moving centimeter by centimeter. This arm emits a high- and a low-energy X-ray beam. While measuring the absorption of each beam into parts of the body, technicians get readings for bone mineral density, lean body mass, and fat mass. The machine scans body parts individually so the test can also break down body composition per limb.
The machine produces clicking or tapping sound as the little ray goes back and forth across every inch of your body.
What are the possible interpretations of a Full Body Fat Analysis test?
A Full Body Fat Analysis test measures the body mass, the height, the tissue percentage in fat, the tissue percentage in muscle, and the bone mineral mass. Our body composition is somewhat divided like:
Total body weight = Fat mass + Fat free mass (muscles, water, bones & blood)
The body fat is categorized into Visceral Fat and Subcutaneous Fat. The visceral fat is the adipose tissue that surrounds the internal organs. It is the dangerous fat that kills and is not necessarily visible physically. Subcutaneous fat sits under the skin in deposited layer and becomes visible. The non-fat part of your body is called lean tissue, which includes the muscle, water, bone, and organs. Lean tissue is known as an active and healthy tissue, that metabolically burns calories all day. The more lean tissue you have, the higher your resting metabolic rate will be.
Generally, the results are available on the same day of the test. The DEXA scan and results provided, need to be clarified by an expert to gain all the benefits of the technology. They will be in the right position in interpreting your total body DEXA scan results.
DEXA Scan is the most advanced technologies performed to get body composition scan that provides a large volume of information about an individual body composition. A DEXA has the ability to assess total body bone mineral density and highly accurate measures the body’s soft tissue composition (muscle mass and fat mass).
What are the benefits of a Full Body Fat Analysis Test?
- It is the most accurate method as compared to other tests.
- Calculates mass differences and body fat percentages of individual regions of the body.
- It is the fastest way to get highly accurate results and then track the changes in fat and muscle over time.
- It is a medically preferred test that sees even visceral fat and is vastly superior to skin calipers and bio-impedance gadgets.
- It can target muscle fat that is generally not seen in other testing methods.
- It can measure bone density levels.
- It can identify visceral body fat in the abdomen region- the most dangerous fat. Lower visceral fat can significantly lower risk for long-term health problems.
What are the risk factors that can affect a Full Body Fat Analysis Test?
The machines’ accuracy is highly affected by a number of variables, including gender, body size, body fatness, disease state, and hydration state.
Different machines rely on different algorithms to convert the raw data into a body fat percentage, and some are better than others.
Different machines can produce different results—even two machines made by the same manufacturer.
Due to its ability to measure intramuscular fat the DEXA reading will typically be 3%- 8% higher body fat than all other methods of measurement.
Small amount of radiation exposure (very small, but any radiation is worth noting).
It can have limitations in the obese as many machines are much less accurate in thicker people (obese) and can have a 3-5% precision error.
Unfortunately, just there’s no way to really know if the results of a DEXA scan are truly accurate.
What are the related tests?
A doctor can order a few other tests to assure the assessment done by a DEXA scanner that is the accurate way to measure body fat percentage. These tests include Lipid Profile and CBC (Complete Blood Count). To check the cost of these test, you may click on a below link.
|Related Test Cost in India|
|CBC (Complete Blood Counts) Test Cost in India|
|Lipid Profile Test Cost in India|
Some of our other articles that you may like are: