Find FNAC Test Cost in all the labs, compare prices and book appointment online with up to 60% discount at over 250+ labs in 30+ cities exclusively through LabsAdvisor – “India’s Largest Online Medical Test Platform.” Served more than 10 lakh happy customers across the country.
FNAC Test Cost & Labs
View all the labs for FNAC Test and updated prices by clicking on the links as it may vary.
|Click to view labs, updated price & book appointment||Discounted price starting from|
|FNAC Test Cost in Delhi||₹ 325|
|FNAC Test Cost in Noida||₹ 450|
|FNAC Test Cost in Gurgaon||₹ 525|
|FNAC Test Cost in Mumbai||₹ 790|
|FNAC Test Cost in Hyderabad||₹ 790|
|FNAC Test Cost in Chennai||₹ 585|
|FNAC Test Cost in Bangalore||₹ 750|
|FNAC Test Cost in Raipur||₹ 1,083|
|FNAC Test Cost in Other Cities||₹ 325|
If you need any assistance in finding FNAC test price, call LabsAdvisor at 09811166231. To get a call back from our customer care team, click on the button below.
Frequently Asked Questions About FNAC Test
What is FNAC Test?
A FNAC Slide Review is a testing procedure that is used to examine any sample of lump or mass from the patient’s body. FNAC stands for Fine needle aspiration cytopathology (cell testing). The procedure includes insertion of a medical needle into your body and collecting a sample of the extra grown cells to be examined under a microscope.
FNAC is used as a diagnostic tool to investigate fluid sampling of any part of the body such as a breast lump or enlarged lymph node, or an abnormality detected on an x-ray, ultrasound or mammography.
Fine-needle aspiration cytopathology is a very safe minor surgical procedure. Often, it replaces a major surgical biopsy by eliminating the need for surgery and hospitalization. This procedure is widely used in the diagnosis of cancer and inflammatory conditions.
Why is a FNAC Slide Review done?
FNAC sampling is performed for a few reasons:
- To examine a lump or a tissue mass when its nature is in question.
- To assess the effect of treatment or to obtain tissue for special studies.
- Used for chorionic villus sampling (test carried out during pregnancy to detect specific abnormalities in an unborn baby).
- Used for ultrasound-guided aspiration of breast abscess, breast cysts, and seromas.
What are the points to remember for a FNAC Test?
A few preparations must be done before the procedure:
- No use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications for one week before the procedure such as ibuprofen or naproxen,
- No food intake a few hours before the procedure,
- Routine blood tests (including clotting profile) must be completed prior the test,
- Do not consume blood thinner medications before the test,
- Prior the procedure the patient must get checked for pulse, blood pressure, and body temperature,
- Very anxious or nervous patients may be given sedation (anesthesia).
- Patients like young children can also be given a small dosage of sedation,
- Do not apply any cosmetic or ointment to the affected area.
What is the procedure for a FNAC Test?
The procedure is done in two sections:
Collecting of sample
The procedure will be done by your concerned physician or doctor in their hospital or lab.
Firstly, the doctor will clean the skin above the area to be biopsied and drape it with a piece of surgical towel. After identifying and locating the mass, a fine needle is passed into the mass. The needle may be inserted and withdrawn several times.
After the needles are placed into the mass, cells are withdrawn by aspiration with a syringe and spread on a glass slide. The patient’s vital signs (pulse, temperature and blood pressure) are taken again. Generally, the patient is taken under observation for 3-5 hours, but it totally depends on the patient’s need.
Testing the sample
The sample is handed over to the patient or it is directly transferred to a certified lab to be tested. The lab takes 3-4 days to produce an accurate report. You can ask for a home collection facility from the lab.
What are the possible interpretations of a FNAC test?
The aim of this work is to evaluate the reliability and diagnostic accuracy of fine needle aspiration cytology (FNAC) with an emphasis on different cases between the Cytology (the study of cells) and the Histopathology (microscopic examination of tissue ).
Generally, the results are available in 3 to 4 working days after the test. The results can be diagnosed in a form of Benign lump(not cancer), Malignant mass(cancer) or non-definitive mass. Non-definitive is less clearly through a FNAC Slide Review, generally, it is followed by a surgical biopsy.
The evaluation of FNA in patients with no previously diagnosed malignancy should be interpreted by an experienced cytopathologist in the context of clinical, radiological, and laboratory finding and if any of these findings are suspicious, further investigation is proceeded to overcome the limitations.
What are the benefits of a FNAC Test?
The list of benefits is given below:
- No anesthesia is required.
- No hospitalization is required.
- It is easy to perform and is least invasive.
- It is economical as compared other procedures like Biopsies.
- Cysts can be aspirated easily and diagnosed with this procedure.
- It has better patient compliance.
- The chances of accuracy in results rise.
- It may prevent you from a surgery as it diagnosis a benign clearly.
- The procedure is safer and less traumatic.
- The procedure is performed by applying minimal negative pressure to avoid damage to the affected cells.
What are the risk factors that can affect a FNAC Test?
Accuracy of results may differ if the sample is air-dried, excessively thick or excessively bloody.
The amount of sample is very small (only a few cells), there can be chances of missed harmful cells resulting in a false negative result.
While breast aspiration, bleeding, bruising or infection may occur if performed near the chest wall.
What are the related tests?
There are similar tests that your doctor can refer to be done. Such as Ultrasound Guided FNAC and CT Scan Guided FNAC. In this process, a needle is inserted into the area of the body being examined with the use of imaging machine to ensure that the suspicious area is being sampled.
This procedure may be performed after injection of local anesthetic to numb the skin, or even under light sedation if involving a deep organ or tissue. The collected sample of cells are placed onto a slide and prepared to be tested.
To check the cost of these test, you may click on a below link.
|Related Test Cost in India|
|Price of CT Scan Guided FNAC in India|
|Price of Ultrasound-Guided FNAC in India|