HLA B27 stands for Human Leukocyte antigen B27. It is a protein found on the outer surface of your white blood cells. HLA helps your immune system differentiate between healthy body tissues and foreign substances that can cause infection.
Book this really important test at your local top quality labs through us at up to 50% discount. The lowest HLA B27 test cost is ₹1260 only.
HLA B27 Test Through LabsAdvisor
Book your HLA B27 test online to avail the exclusive offers and cashback!
Here are the simple steps to book your appointment at a discounted price.
- Click on the link given in the below table according to your preferred city.
- Choose the most suitable lab for your HLA B27 test.
- Select your preferred date and time for your appointment.
- Enter the patient details and click submit.
- Congratulations! You have booked an appointment at a discounted price.
Book online yourself at any time of the day or night by clicking on the appropriate link in the table below
HLA B27 Test Cost in India & Lab Details
We offer the HLA B27 test in over 20 Indian cities. Click on the link of your city below to choose a lab and make an online booking for home collection at a suitable time.
|HLA B27 Test – Flowcytometry||Price starting from|
|HLA B27 Test Price in Delhi||₹1400|
|HLA B27 Test Price in Bangalore||₹1500|
|HLA B27 Test Price in Gurgaon||₹1500|
|HLA B27 Test Price in Noida||₹1425|
|HLA B27 Test Price in Mumbai||₹1500|
|HLA B27 Test Price in Chennai||₹1500|
|HLA B27 Test Price in Hyderabad||₹1500|
|HLA B27 Test Price in Pune||₹1500|
|HLA B27 Test Price in Other Cities of India||₹1400|
Frequently Asked Questions About HLA B27 Test
What is HLA B27 Test?
HLA-B27 stands for Human Leukocyte antigen B27. It is a protein found on the outer surface of your white blood cells. HLA helps your immune system differentiate between healthy body tissues and foreign substances that can cause infection.
Most HLA protects your body from harmful foreign invasion. HLA-B27 is a specific type of protein whose presence causes immune system dysfunction.
If HLA-B27 is present on your white blood cell, it can cause your immune system to attack the healthy cells. This type of disorder is called as auto immune disorder or immune mediated disease. The autoimmune diseases associated with HLA-B27 are:
- ankylosing spondylitis (AS), which is the inflammation of the bones in your spine
- reactive arthritis, which is the inflammation of your joints, urethra, and eyes, and sometimes results in lesions on your skin
- juvenile rheumatoid arthritis
- anterior uveitis, which is the swelling and irritation in the middle layer of your eye
The HLA-B27 test is a blood test that looks for the presence of antigen HLA-B27.
Why is the test ordered?
Your doctor can order an HLA-B27 test if you have the following symptoms:
- joint pain or inflammation of joints
- inflammation of urethra accompanied by skin lesions.
- swelling or stiffness of spine, neck or chest
- recurring inflammation of swelling in the middle of the eye.
The HLA-B27 test is initially ordered to help in confirming a suspected diagnosis of ankylosing spondylitis (AS), reactive arthritis, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis (JRA), or sometimes anterior uveitis.
The test itself is not a diagnostic test i.e. it does not definitely confirm or rule out any associated diseases. It just adds a piece of evidence to the signs and symptoms of the auto-immune disorders.
You may also be prescribed an HLA-B27 test if you will be undergoing a kidney or bone marrow transplant. The test will ensure a compatibility match between you and your donor.
What is the procedure of the test?
The test involves drawing blood from your arm using a small needle. A lab technician will collect the blood sample and send it to the lab for analysis.
What are the preparations required for the test?
As such no special preparation is required as it is a simple blood test. However, do speak to your doctor if you are on some medications to check if you need to stop the medication for the test.
Are there any risks involved?
The HLA27 test carries minimal risks the same as those associated with any blood test. They are:
- difficulty in locating the vein from which sample is to be drawn. This may sometimes result in multiple needle insertions.
- if you suffer from a blood clot disorder, excessive bleeding can occur at the puncture site.
- you may feel light-headedness or experience blackout after the blood is drawn.
- infection may occur at the puncture site.
The above risks are very rare and can be easily handled.
What does the test result mean?
If an HLA-B27 test is negative, it means that the antigen was not detected. The negative test result does not mean that you do not have the suspected condition since people who do not have the antigen can also develop autoimmune diseases.
Likewise, someone who is tested HLA-B27 positive does not necessarily develop one of these conditions. Diagnosis of the autoimmune disorder should be made on the basis of your symptoms and the results of all blood tests. Your doctor will guide you further after receiving your test results.
Researchers are trying to determine the factors or triggers which increase the likelihood of developing the disease in people carrying HLA-B27 antigens.