HSG Test Cost – View Price in Best Labs & Book Appointment Online
Click on the links in the table below to exclusively view HSG test cost in different labs and to book appointment online.
Or call us to know the HSG test price in the labs near you and to get up to 50% discount in any lab you choose on LabsAdvisor.com.
HSG Test Cost
Click to view the HSG test price in all the labs in your locality and to book appointment with exclusive discounts in any lab you choose on LabsAdvisor.
(Note: Click to view updated price in labs)
|Click to view labs, updated price & book appointment
||Market Price of HSG Test||Discounted price starting from|
|HSG Test Price in Delhi||₹ 6,000||₹ 2,400|
|HSG Test Price in Noida||₹ 6,000||₹ 2,375|
|HSG Test Price in Gurgaon||₹ 6,000||₹ 2,400|
|HSG Test Price in Mumbai||₹ 5,000||₹ 4,250|
|HSG Test Price in Hyderabad||₹ 3,000||₹ 2,850|
|HSG Test Price in Chennai||₹ 3,000||₹ 2,125|
|HSG Test Price in Bangalore||₹ 5,000||₹ 2,640|
|HSG Test Price in other cities||₹ 6,000||₹ 2,375|
If you need any assistance in finding HSG test price in the best labs in Delhi / NCR, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad and other cities, call us at 09811166231.
To get a call back from our customer care executive to book your test at discounted price, click on the button below.
As it is important to know about the procedure and risk of HSG test in India, we have written a detailed article below which you may find useful.
Topics covered in the article:
- What is HSG?
- How should I prepare for the test?
- How is HSG test performed?
- What are the risks associated with HSG test?
- List of popular labs offering the lowest HSG test cost in India
What is HSG?
An HSG or a Hysterosalpingogram is a special kind of X-Ray which is used to evaluate fertility in females. This examination is a radiological procedure wherein the uterine cavity along with the shape and patency of the fallopian tubes is investigated. It checks if the fallopian tubes are blocked or not. In case they are, it is not possible for a female to conceive, as the egg cannot be released and hence not fertilized.
You might be prescribed this test in case you’ve been having trouble conceiving. Also, in case a patient has been through two or more miscarriages, an HSG test may be prescribed, as recurring miscarriages can happen because of an abnormal uterine shape.
Usually, 10-15% women go through recurring miscarriages because of an abnormally shaped uterus.
How should I prepare for the test?
An HSG should be performed after your period but before ovulation to prevent using X-Rays in case you conceive. 2-5 days after your menstrual cycle is the ideal time to get the test done.
Before the test, you may be required to sign a consent form to ascertain that you understand the risks associated with the procedure.
You must also tell your doctor if:
- You could be pregnant
- Or suffering from a pelvic or sexually transmitted infection
- You are allergic to contrast or iodine dye
- Or if you are suffering from excessive bleeding problems or are on blood thinners
- You have had a history of diabetes or kidney problems as the iodine dye used during the procedure carry the risk of affecting a patient’s kidneys. Additionally, if you have a history of kidney problems, your doctor may need to perform a few blood tests like blood urea nitrogen before performing the actual test; this is generally done to see if your kidneys are functioning well.
It is advised to carry a sanitary pad with you when you for the HSG examination as you could experience some leakage of the X-Ray dye along with slight bleeding after the procedure.
Speak with your doctor before the test, disclose all medication that you have been taking and be sure to discuss all your concerns.
There could be reason that may stop you from taking the test. This may be:
- If your fallopian tube has a spasm. It can make your tube look like it’s blocked
- If your physician is unable to place the catheter in your uterus
Make sure to not schedule the examination if you could be pregnant as the X-Ray could adversely affect the developing fetus.
How is HSG test performed?
Before your doctor begins the HSG procedure, you may be given a sedative which will help you as well as your uterus muscles to relax. This is done to avoid cramping during the investigation.
During the HSG Test Procedure:
- You will then be asked to drape a gown around your waist and lie down on your back on a flat surface, bringing up your feet in a “frog leg” position.
- Your doctor will then place a metal instrument called speculum in your vagina to visualize the cervix.
- A soft and thin catheter will then be put in through the cervical opening into the patient’s uterine cavity. The doctor, alternately may also use a tenaculum which will be placed on the cervix after which a narrow metal cannula will be inserted through the cervical opening.
- Following this, a contrast dye will be injected through the catheter or cannula into the uterine cavity. An x-ray picture will be taken while injecting the contrast and then one again when the contrast is fully injected to a point that the tubes fill and begin to spill into the abdominal cavity. Pictures will be continuously taken during this “fill and spill” process.
- As the tubes spill the dye, you may be asked to roll onto one side for an oblique X-Ray image to further delineate the anatomy.
The HSG procedure lasts for not more than half hour and is performed while you’re awake, without any anesthesia. After the entire procedure, the instruments will be removed and you will be asked to stay in the same position for a few minutes, in order to recover from the cramping caused by the contrast.
After The HSG Exam
You might feel slight cramps and light spotting after the examination. Generally, there are no precautions needed and one can easily get back to the usual daily routine.
Make sure to call your doctor in case:
- You experience heavy vaginal bleeding
- Severe Belly Pain
The HSG results can be produced within a day. If the reports are normal if the dye flows freely from the uterus through the tubes, spilling into the belly normally. This means that in the uterus no tumors or growths are seen.
The reports are abnormal if the fallopian tubes in the report can be seen scarred, damaged or blocked. In case the tubes are blocked, there is no chance of the woman to get pregnant as the egg cannot meet the sperm. If the uterus is abnormal, it may show tissue that divides the uterus. Also, abnormal growths such as polyps or fibroids may be present.
Many might feel that the dye test can improve their chances of getting pregnant. Pregnancy chances have slight possibility of improvement in the first months following an HSG. This is because the flushing of tubes may open a minor blockage or clean out the debris that prevented pregnancy.
Studies also suggest that using oil based dye give out an increased chance of pregnancy when compared to water-based dyes. However, the doctors use water-based dyes in most cases.
What are the risks associated with HSG Test?
There is always a small risk associated with X-Ray. Although the amount of radiation used during the procedure is not much, there is a chance of cell and tissue damage.
Although less than 1%, there is also a slight possibility of a pelvic infection after the test. Chances can be higher in case you have had an infection before. If you experience fever or excessive pain after the test, be sure to call your doctor.
In very rare cases, in case the dye used is oil-based, the oil can leak into the blood. This can cause blockage of blow flow into the lungs.
If a patient has numerous sexual partners or is otherwise at risk for sexually transmitted diseases, she might be screened with cervical cultures before an HSG. Some doctors may even prescribe antibiotics in this case for a few days before the examination to reduce any risk of infection.
List of popular labs offering the lowest HSG Test Cost in India
We have exclusively partnered with the best certified labs to offer our customers the lowest price of HSG Test in the entire market. Avail exciting discounts and cash-backs on the HSG test cost booking through LabsAdvisor.
Best Labs offering the lowest HSG Test Cost in Delhi
Get up to 50% discount on the HSG test price in the following popular labs in Delhi booking through LabsAdvisor.
- Mahajan Imaging
- Medi Centre
- Dr.Kohli Imaging & Diagnostics
- Dr.Suneja MRI & Diagnostic Centre
- City X-Ray
- Dr.Madhu MRI Path Lab
- National Imaging
- Suraksha Diagnostic Pvt. Ltd.
Best Labs offering the lowest HSG Test Cost in Mumbai
Avail an exclusive flat 3% cash-back in the best certified labs in Mumbai through LabsAdvisor.
- Dr.Jankharias Imaging Centre
- Way 2 Health Diagnostics
Best Labs offering the lowest HSG Test Cost in Bangalore
Book your HSG test in Bangalore through LabsAdvisor to get an exclusive discount up to 50% in the following labs.
- LabsAdvisor Premium Lab
- Medray Labs
- Clumax Diagnostics
- Aarthi Diagnostics
Best Labs offering the lowest HSG Test Cost in Chennai
The following labs offer the lowest HSG Test cost in and around Chennai. Book through LabsAdvisor to get OFF up to 17% and flat 3% cash-back.
- Primex Lab
- Primex Scans & Labs
- Proscans Diagnostics Pvt. Ltd.
- Dr.Iravatham’s Laboratory
- Precision Diagnostics
- Medall Care Centre
Best Labs offering the lowest HSG Test Cost in Hyderabad
Avail flat 5% discount and 3% cash-back on the HSG Test Cost in the following lab booking through LabsAdvisor.
- Lucid Medical Diagnostics
Interesting topics you may look for by LabsAdvisor: