Guide to ❤ Echocardiogram Test in India / What is the Cost of Echo Test in India?
Here is a complete guide to Echocardiography test by Labsadvisor.com. We have published this article to inform you about the cost of Echo Test in various cities of India and all the other relevant details that you must know before going for the test.
If you wish to book your ECHO test at the lowest cost then immediately give us a call on 9811166231 or Login to our Online Booking Portal. Here below we have mentioned the Cost of Echo Test in a few major Indian cities, you may click on the name of the test and compare the given prices.
Cost of Echo Test in India
The cost of Echo Test varies in different cities of India ranging from ₹ 800 to ₹ 2000 through LabsAdvisor. Click here to Know the cost of Echo Test in other Indian Cities.
Echo Test Price in
Different Indian Cities
|LabsAdvisor Minimum Cost of ECHO Test|
|Echo Test / Echocardiogram Cost in Delhi||₹ 1500|
|Echo Test / Echocardiogram Cost In Noida||₹ 1300|
|Echo Test / Echocardiogram Cost in Gurgaon||₹ 1500|
|Echo Test / Echocardiogram Cost in Chennai||₹ 1275|
|Echo Test / Echocardiogram Cost in Hyderabad||₹ 800|
|Echo Test / Echocardiogram Cost in Mumbai||₹ 1800|
|Echo Test / Echocardiogram Cost in Bangalore / Bengaluru||₹ 960|
The guide covers the following topics:
- What is an Echocardiography (Echo) Test?
- Why do you need an ECHO Test?
- What is the significance of an ECHO test?
- How is the Echo test Performed?
- What are the types of Echo Test?
- Is there any risk or side effects of an ECHO Test?
- How to book an ECHO Test in your city?
What is an Echocardiography (Echo) Test?
An Echocardiography also called cardiac echo, is a simple and painless procedure that uses ultra-high frequency sound waves to create images of your heart. It is one of the most widely used diagnostic procedures in cardiology. An echocardiogram gives helpful information about the size and shape of the heart, its pumping capacity and functioning of heart valves. It can help in detecting many abnormalities of heart like hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, dilated myopathy, and valvular defects.
Why do you need an Echo Test?
Your doctor may advise you an echo test to look at your heart’s structure and check how well it is functioning.
The test may be prescribed if:
- You have an unexplained chest pain or shortness of breath.
- You have suffered a heart attack.
- You have an artificial valve fixed.
- You have heart murmurs i.e. an unusual swishing sound is heard between heartbeats.
- You have had rheumatic fever.
- Your doctor suspects a tumor or infectious growth around heart valves.
What is the significance of an ECHO test?
An echo test can detect many heart problems. Some problems may be minor and pose no risk to you. Others can be life-threatening and need a proper diagnosis. The echo test may be very helpful in detecting
- The size of your heart. An enlarged heart may not pump blood effectively and can result in heart failure.
- Weak heart muscles. The heart will not receive enough blood supply due to weak muscles, which is a sign of coronary heart disease.
- Problems with heart structure. Ac echo can detect congenital heart defect like holes in the heart. Congenital heart defects are structural abnormalities present since birth. Infants and children can undergo echo test to check for such abnormalities.
- Heart valve problems. An echo test can look if the heart valves are opening and closing normally. It also checks if heart valves are narrow (stenosis).
- Blood clots or tumors. If you had a stroke, an echo is carried out to check if any blood clot or the tumor has caused the stroke.
How is the ECHO Test Performed?
For an echo test, you do not need to be hospitalized. The test takes around an hour. A standard echo does not require any special preparations. During the standard echo procedure, you will be asked to lie on your back or on your left side on an examination table or a stretcher.The technician will apply gel to your chest. The gel helps in proper conduction of the sound waves and eliminates air between your skin and a probe called a transducer. The transducer will be moved around your chest to take pictures of your heart. You may be asked to change position or hold your breath for a short while. Sometimes the transducer is held firmly to your chest, which might feel a little uncomfortable. During the test, the light of your room will be dimmed so that the technician can see the images on the monitor clearly. The images can be recorded on a disk for further reference. A report containing some images will be sent to your cardiologist.The cardiologist will evaluate these images to assess your heart function and give advice accordingly. You can resume your normal daily activities after the test.
If you are going for a stress echo, you should wear loose clothing and comfortable walking shoes. You should not eat a heavy meal before the test as exercising after food results in nausea. Patches for ECG will be stuck to your chest. An echo will be taken before and after your exercise.
If you are going for TEE, do not eat anything for 8 hours prior to the test.You may be given medicine to relax before the test. Your blood pressure, blood oxygen level and other vital signs will be checked during the test. You will be given oxygen through your nose. If you are wearing any dentures, you will be asked to remove them. The back of your mouth will be numbed by gel or spray. A tube with a transducer attached will be gently lowered down your throat and into esophagus until it is right beside your heart. The pictures of your heart are then recorded.You will not feel any discomfort during the procedure. You may be asked to stay for a while after the test.
If your echocardiogram is normal, no further testing may be required. If the results are concerning, your cardiologist may recommend further tests.
What are the types of Echo Test?
There are several types of Echocardiography; all of them use sound waves to create images of your heart.
- Echocardiography/ Transthoracic Echo: One of the most common types of Echo test that is totally painless and non-invasive. The technician simply moves the probe called transducer around the chest to get moving pictures of your heart. The transducer sends ultrasound wave through the chest walls. These waves will be bounced off the heart structures and captured by the transducers. The computer attached to the transducer converts the echoed waves into images. The transducer is placed at various positions on the chest to view the heart from different directions. Relevant images are put together and a report is sent to your cardiologist.
- Transesophageal Echocardiography (TEE): It is done to get a more detailed picture of your heart. It may be advised to look for blood clots in the heart. A small transducer is attached to a flexible tube. The tube is guided from your mouth, down your throat, and into your esophagus. The heart functioning can be then assessed closely through the transducer.
- Stress Echocardiography: During Stress Echo, your heart is made to beat faster by making your walk on the treadmill or ride a stationary bicycle. The technician will use echo to create images of your heart before the exercise and as soon as you finish the exercise. Some diseases like coronary heart disease are better diagnosed by stress echo test. Click to read more about Stress Echo Test.
- Fetal Echocardiography: Fetal echo is used to look at unborn baby’s heart. It is usually done at about 18 to 22 weeks of pregnancy. A transducer is moved around pregnant woman’s belly to check the baby for any heart problems. Click to read more about Fetal Echo Test.
- 3D/Three Dimensional Echocardiography: A three-dimensional echo creates 3D images of your heart. It gives a detailed image and better understanding of the heart structure and functioning. 3D echo may be used for planning or overseeing a heart valve surgery. It may also be used to diagnose heart problems in children.
Cost of Stress Echo Test in India
Cost of Stress Echo Test in India varies from ₹2450 to ₹2900 depending on the lab and the city. Through LabsAdvisor.com, you get a discounted price for Stress Echo Test and quality assurance. Call us on 09811166231 or click on the links below to book online.
Stress Echo Test in Different Cities of India
|LabsAdvisor Minimum Cost of Stress ECHO Test|
|Cost of Stress Echo Test in Delhi||₹ 2450|
|Cost of Stress Echo Test in Noida||₹ 2450|
|Cost of Stress Echo Test in Gurgaon||₹ 2900|
Cost of Fetal Echo Test in India
Cost of Fetal Echo Test in India varies from ₹960 to ₹2400 depending on the lab and the city. Through LabsAdvisor.com, you get a discounted price for Fetal Echo Test and quality assurance. Call us on 09811166231 or click on the links below to book online.
Fetal Echo Test in Different Cities of India
|LabsAdvisor Minimum Cost of Fetal ECHO Test|
|Fetal Echo Test Cost in Delhi||₹ 1750|
|Fetal Echo Test Cost in Gurgaon||₹ 1750|
|Fetal Echo Test Cost in Noida||₹ 1750|
|Fetal Echo Test Cost in Hyderabad||₹ 1760|
|Fetal Echo Test Cost in Mumbai||₹ 2400|
|Fetal Echo Test Cost in Chennai||₹ 1665|
|Fetal Echo Test Cost in Bangalore||₹ 960|
Is there any risk or side effects of an ECHO Test?
A standard and fetal echo tests are simple ultrasound tests of the heart so there are no risks involved. They do not use radiations like x-rays, so can be done on pregnant ladies. As they are non-invasive procedures, there are no side effects of the test.
If you have a TEE test, the medicine given to you to relax may cause some side effects like nausea and bad reaction.
The throat may be sore for some time after the test. Rarely, the procedure of inserting the tube through your throat may cause injury.
Stress echo test may have a slight risk owing to exercise involved in the procedure. There is no risk due to the echo.
Get ₹200 voucher for your first medical test booking at LabsAdvisor.com.
How to book an Echo Test?
Please give us a call on 09811166231 or also you can send us an email at email@example.com to book your Echo Test in India or download our Android App from Play store to book online the test. The app is called ‘LabsAdvisor’. If you want a callback, please fill out the form given at the start of the article.
To quickly book your ECHO Test, call us on 09811166231. If you want a call backfill out the form given below.
There are some other articles that you may find useful, listed below