Find Mammography Cost in Mumbai in all the labs, compare prices and book appointment online with up to 60% discount exclusively through LabsAdvisor – “India’s Largest Online Medical Test Platform.” Served more than 10 lakh happy customers across the country..
Mammography Cost in Mumbai
View all the labs for mammography in Mumbai and updated prices by clicking on the links as it may vary.
|Find Mammography Labs, Cost & Book Appointment||Mammography price starting from|
|Mammography Test Cost for Single Breast in Mumbai||₹ 810|
|Mammography Test Cost for Both Breasts in Mumbai||₹ 1,600|
|3D Mammography – Tomosynthesis with Ultrasound Cost in Mumbai||₹ 3,200|
If you need any assistance in finding mammography price in Mumbai, call LabsAdvisor at 09811166231. To get a call back from our customer care team, click on the button below.
Frequently Asked Questions About Mammography Test
What is a Mammography / Mammogram?
Mammography is an advanced x-ray procedure which is especially suited for the soft tissues of the breast. It is also referred to as Mammogram. The mammography machines can diagnose cancers in breast tissues. It is perhaps the most important diagnostic test to fight against breast cancer. The test helps for breast cancer screening in women over the age of 35 years. It also checks the progress of chemotherapy or other ongoing treatment for breast cancer in women.
The following are the two types of Mammography test
- Screening Mammography: This is done to detect and evaluate breast tumors which cannot be felt. It is only a screening test which helps to diagnose breast cancer at an early stage. It also helps in finding any microcalcification (calcium deposits), which is an indicator of breast cancer.
- Diagnostic Mammography: This diagnostic mammography is done after the detection of cancer in the breast. It also checks if any abnormality is seen during screening mammography. This type of mammography is done on a particular part of the breast where there is abnormality. It consumes a lot of time compared to the screening mammogram. The diagnostic mammography helps in further diagnostics.
Why is a Mammography test done?
Mammography test is recommended for the women with following conditions
- Above 40 years of age must take mammography test annually.
- With a family history of breast cancer.
- In case of any chest radiation therapy to take mammography done annually from your early 30’s.
- With gene mutation of BRCA1 or BRCA2.
In some cases, your doctor may ask you to take MRI breast scan along with mammography.
The mammogram is generally recommended for women above 45 years of age. But it is also advisable to take a mammography test in case of the following symptoms
- A lump or thickened skin in any one of the breast
- Change in size or shape of one or both breasts
- Discharge from either of nipples or nipples sinking in.
- Dimpling of the skin of the breasts
- A lump in either of armpits
How should I prepare for the Mammography test?
Mammography test does not involve any special preparation. Avoid using powders, deodorants or lotions on the chest as the metallic substances may cause confusion in your images.
Take the mammography test after your menstrual periods. Inform your concerned doctor if you are pregnant or on hormone replacement therapy.
What is the procedure of Mammogram?
The technician will ask you to place your breast in a mammogram unit which can scan it at different angles. During the scan, the technician will compress your breast with a paddle to even out the thickness of the breast and spread the tissues to detect any abnormalities in breast.
Both breast will be scanned at two different angles producing four X Ray images. If your doctor feels it appropriate, he may ask to take additional images for further diagnostic purposes.
It takes less then 30 minutes to complete the entire process of mammography test.
Are there any risks in Mammography test?
There are only few risks in a Mammography test. Like other X-rays, there is a small amount of radiation exposure. Some people may feel discomfort while the breast is compressed.
Mammography test results will be available within a day.
What is breast cancer?
Increasing growth of abnormal cells results in cancer. The human cells grow and divide which gives way to new cells. The new cells formed should be a perfect replicate of the mother cell but sometimes errors happen during cell division which is called mutation.
In that cases, the new cells will be abnormal called cancerous cells. Our body has a built-in error control process capable of destructing those cancerous cells. But sometimes they may fail to destruct the cancerous cells. Over the time, these abnormal cells grow and multiply.
This increase in growth of abnormal cells is called tumor. If the tumor grows further, few cells break and travel through bloodstream to other part of the body forming new tumors.
The same process happens in case of breast cancer. The abnormal cells form tumor in the breast which is often felt as a lump. Only X-Ray detects this lump. Breast cancer may originate from the milk ducts. In this case, the cancer won’t spread outside the breast. Such breast cancers are called as Carcinoma (DCIS). Mammography test detects this cancer.
The breast cancer may also spread to other parts of the body through bloodstream which is called as metastatic cancer.
In India, almost 12.3% of women develop breast cancer in their lifetime. Many find their cancer only at the later stage. Due to this, most women don’t survive inspite of taking best treatment.
Other topics you may be interested in :-