Mammography a.k.a. a mammogram is an advanced X-ray procedure done to detect breast cancer at an early stage. The average mammography cost in Mumbai is Rs. 1,500. However, the LabsAdvisor partner lab offers mammography at an exclusive price of Rs. 1,080. You can find the mammography cost offered by other labs below.
Or you can fill a form by clicking on the button below. We will get back to you with the lowest mammography cost in Mumbai with lab details.
Mammography Cost in Mumbai
The mammography cost in Mumbai ranges between Rs. 1,080 and Rs. 1,900 depending on the lab. Below mentioned is the mammography cost for single breast after the discount offered by different labs in Mumbai.
Note that the lab and the mammography cost in Mumbai mentioned below may vary from the actual. You can view the updated price by clicking on the button below.
Call us on 09811166231 if you want to book an appointment at the discounted rates below.
|Lab Name||Original Price||Offer Price|
|LabsAdvisor Premium Lab, Chembur Sunil Sadan||Rs. 1,200||Rs. 1,080|
|Top Rated Lab, Vikhroli||Rs. 2,000||Rs. 1,700|
|Suburban Diagnostics, Khar West||Rs. 2,200||Rs. 1,980|
|Suburban Diagnostics, Juhu||Rs. 2,200||Rs. 1,980|
|Suburban Diagnostics, Andheri West||Rs. 2,200||Rs. 1,080|
|Suburban Diagnostics, Malad West||Rs. 2,200||Rs. 1,080|
|Manav Vikas Kendra, Kandivalli||Rs. 1,600||Rs. 1,600|
If you need any assistance in finding the mammography cost in Mumbai, call us on 09811166231.
How is mammography done?
Mammography is an advanced x-ray procedure that is especially suited for the soft tissues of the breast. It is also referred to as Mammogram. The test helps breast cancer screening in women over the age of 35 years. It also checks the progress of chemotherapy or other ongoing treatment for breast cancer in women.
The following are the two types of Mammography test
- Screening Mammography: This is done to detect and evaluate breast tumors which cannot be felt. It is only a screening test that helps to diagnose breast cancer at an early stage. It also helps in finding any microcalcification (calcium deposits), which is an indicator of breast cancer.
- Diagnostic Mammography: This diagnostic mammography is done after the detection of cancer in the breast. It also checks if any abnormality is seen during screening mammography. This type of mammography is done on a particular part of the breast where there is an abnormality. It consumes a lot of time compared to the screening mammogram. The diagnostic mammography helps in further diagnostics.
Mammography test is recommended for the women with the following conditions
- The above 40 years of age must take the mammography tests annually.
- With a family history of breast cancer.
- In case of any chest radiation therapy to take mammography done annually from your early 30’s.
- With gene mutation of BRCA1 or BRCA2.
In some cases, your doctor may ask you to take an MRI breast scan along with mammography.
The mammogram is generally recommended for women above 45 years of age. But it is also advisable to take a mammography test in case of the following symptoms
- A lump or thickened skin in any one of the breast
- Change in size or shape of one or both breasts
- Discharge from either of nipples or nipples sinking in.
- Dimpling of the skin of the breasts
- A lump in either of armpits
During the procedure, the technician will ask you to place your breast in a mammogram unit which can scan it at different angles. During the scan, the technician will compress your breast with a paddle to even out the thickness of the breast and spread the tissues to detect any abnormalities in the breast.
Both breasts will be scanned at two different angles producing four X-Ray images. If your doctor feels it appropriate, he may ask to take additional images for further diagnostic purposes.