MRI Brain Scan in Delhi / MRI Brain and CEMRI Brain Test Cost in Delhi
In this article we cover different kinds of MRI Brain Scan available in Delhi including MRI Brain Contrast or CEMRI Scan Brain. We provide you many details including procedure, preparation and cost. Standard MRI Brain Cost and CEMRI Brain Test Cost are also covered.
In this blog, we guide you on how to get an MRI of the brain done. We provide here a detailed study of how it is done and what all measures to take while going for the various kinds of scans in the brain.
- What are the different kinds of MRI Brain or MRI Head Studies and what is their cost in Delhi?
- How can I book my MRI Scan at a discounted rate in Delhi?
- Anatomy of a Brain
- Why is MRI Brain Scan Prescribed?
- What is the technology used for MRI Scan of Brain
- What are different kinds of MRI Scan Brain options?
- How is Brain MRI Scan performed?
- What are risks associated with MRI Brain Scan?
- MRI Brain Scan Centres In Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida
If you would like to book your MRI Brain Scan or CEMRI Brain in Delhi NCR now, please call us on 09811166231. We can get affordable prices for MRI Brain at a lab near you. For a call back, click on the button below and enter your details.
What are the different MRI Brain Scan studies available and what are their costs in Delhi?
Following are the studies available in an MRI Scan of Brain.
- MRI Scan Brain
- MRI Scan Brain with Contrast / CEMRI Brain Test / Contrast Enhanced MRI Brain Scan
- MRI Scan Brain Screening
- MRI Scan Brain Venography / MRV Scan / MR Venogram Brain
- MRI Scan Brain with Angiography
- MRI Scan Brain with Cisternography
- MRI Scan Brain with Diffusion Study
- MRI Scan Brain with Epilepsy Protocol
- MRI Scan Brain with CV Junction
Tests under MRI Scan of Brain:
MRI Scan Brain
This involves the scanning of the entire brain, i.e., the cerebrum, the cerebellum, and the medulla. If any abnormalities are found, tests are prescribed accordingly. The tests can be done on both 1.5T and 3T machines. Depending on where the problem lies, the particular brain scan is prescribed, followed by various other tests and medicines.
What is MRI Brain Scan Cost in Delhi?
Cost of MRI Brain in Delhi, varies between ₹ 2500 to ₹ 8000 depending on the lab and the discount offered. Click on the link below to book the MRI Scan Brain in Delhi online.
|MRI Brain in Delhi||LabsAdvisor Min. Cost||Market Price of MRI Brain|
|Cost of MRI Scan Brain in Delhi||₹ 2500||₹ 6000 – ₹ 7000|
|Cost of 3T MRI Scan Brain in Delhi||₹ 3500||₹ 6000 – ₹ 8000|
MRI Scan Brain with Contrast
TO make the troubled areas more vivid, and the diagnosis more accurate, a contrast dye is inserted in the vein of the patient. This adds color to the impaired parts and thus the images are clearer.
What is MRI Brain Contrast Cost / CEMRI Brain Test Cost in Delhi?
MRI Brain with contrast is also called Contrast Enhanced MRI Brain. Many doctors write CEMRI Brain Scan in the prescription. Cost of MRI Head Contrast in Delhi, varies between ₹ 4500 to ₹ 11,500 depending on the lab and the discount offered. Click on the link below to book the MRI Brain Contrast in Delhi online.
|MRI Brain with Contrast in Delhi||LabsAdvisor Min. Cost||Market Price of MRI Brain with Contrast|
|Cost of MRI Brain with Contrast in Delhi/ CEMRI Brain Test Cost in Delhi||₹ 4500||₹ 8000 – ₹ 10500|
|Cost of 3T MRI Brain with Contrast in Delhi||₹ 7000||₹ 9500 – ₹ 11500|
MRI Brain Scan Screening
Screening is done when the problem in the brain cannot be detected just by an MRI Scan. Screening is prescribed after the MRI Scan on the brain is done, but the images show no abnormalities.
What is MRI Brain Screening Cost in Delhi?
Cost of MRI Brain Screening in Delhi, varies between ₹ 900 to ₹ 4000 depending on the lab and the discount offered. Click on the link below to book the MRI Scan Brain Screening in Delhi online.
|MRI Brain Screening in Delhi||LabsAdvisor Min. Cost||Market Price of MRI Brain Screening|
|Cost of MRI Brain Screening in Delhi||₹ 1400||₹ 1500 – ₹ 4000|
|Cost of 3T MRI Brain Screening in Delhi||₹ 1800||₹ 3500|
MRI Brain Scan Venography
Though underappreciated and overlooked, this technique works better than most other technologies. Magnetic Resonance Venography is highly accurate and extremely easy to perform. It has a high success rate, which is better than most other brain scanning techniques. These techniques give huge good flexibility but are a little complicated for general use.
What is MRI Brain Venography Cost in Delhi?
Cost of MRI Brain Venography in Delhi, varies between ₹ 4200 to ₹ 12000 depending on the lab and the discount offered. MRI Brain Venography is also called MRV Scan or MRI Venogram. Click on the link below to book the MRI Scan Brain Venography in Delhi online.
|MRI Brain Venography in Delhi / MRV Scan / MRI Venogram||LabsAdvisor Min. Cost||Market Price of MRI Brain Venography|
|Cost of MRI Brain Venography in Delhi||₹ 4000||₹ 6000 – ₹ 12000|
|Cost of 3T MRI Brain Venography in Delhi||₹ 7500||₹ 8000|
MRI Scan Brain with Angiography
This test is generally used when the blood vessels are to be looked into. Physicians recommend angiography of the brain to diagnose the medical irregularities in the blood vessels of the brain. Sometimes, a contrast material called gadolinium is used in place of other contrast materials, to come up with a better picture of the insides of the brain.
What is MRI Brain with Angiography Cost in Delhi?
Price of MRI Brain in Delhi, varies between ₹ 5500 to ₹ 16000 depending on the lab and the discount offered. Click on the link below to book the MRI Scan Brain with Angiography in Delhi online.
|MRI Brain with Angiography in Delhi||LabsAdvisor Min. Cost||Market Price of MRI Brain with Angiography|
|Cost of MRI Brain with Angiography in Delhi||₹ 5500||₹ 9000 – ₹ 11000|
|Cost of 3T MRI Brain with Angiography in Delhi||₹8600||₹ 16000|
MRI Brain with Cisternography
when a major leak occurs in the nose, a test called cisternography is recommended by the doctors. This generally happens due to a traumatic defect in the skull or the spine. The fluid coming out of the leak is tested. If the presence of CSF is detected, a cisternography test is recommended on the brain to make a further diagnosis.
What is MRI Brain Cisternography Cost in Delhi?
Cost of MRI Brain with Cisternography in Delhi, varies between ₹6500 to ₹ 12000 depending on the lab and the discount offered. Click on the link below to book MRI Brain Cisternography in Delhi online.
|MRI Brain with Cisternography in Delhi||LabsAdvisor Min. Cost||Market Price of MRI Brain with Cisternography|
|Cost of 3T MRI Brain with Cisternography in Delhi||₹ 8300||₹ 12000|
MRI Brain Scan with Diffusion Study
When the random Brownian motion of water molecules is to be measured, diffusion study of the brain is recommended by the doctors. This helps in figuring out the possibility of a tumor in the brain.
What is MRI Brain with Diffusion Study Cost in Delhi?
Cost of MRI Brain with Diffusion Study in Delhi, varies between ₹4500 to ₹ 11000 depending on the lab and the discount offered. Click on the link below to book MRI Brain Cisternography in Delhi online.
|MRI Brain with Diffusion Study in Delhi||LabsAdvisor Min. Cost||Market Price of MRI Brain with Diffusion Study|
|Cost of MRI Brain with Diffusion Study in Delhi||₹ 4500||₹ 7000 – ₹ 11000|
|Cost of 3T MRI Brain with Diffusion Study in Delhi||₹ 5300||₹ 9000|
MRI Brain Scan with Epilepsy Protocol
Epilepsy protocol is done to get a more specific image of the brain; images of brain slices. This helps improve sensitivity in figuring out structural abnormalities in the insides of the brain. This test is mostly performed on a 3 Tesla machine.
What is MRI Brain with Epilepsy Protocol Cost in Delhi?
Cost of MRI Brain with Epilepsy Protocol in Delhi, varies between ₹3000 to ₹ 10,000 depending on the lab and the discount offered. Click on the link below to book MRI Brain Cisternography in Delhi online.
|MRI Brain with Epilepsy Protocol in Delhi||LabsAdvisor Min. Cost||Market Price of MRI Brain with Epilepsy Protocol|
|Cost of MRI Brain with Epilepsy Protocol in Delhi||₹ 3500||₹ 6000 – ₹ 8000|
|Cost of 3T MRI Brain with Epilepsy Protocol in Delhi||₹ 5300||₹ 8000 – ₹ 10000|
MRI Brain Scan with CV Junction
When there is a possibility of a nerve compression in the brain, CVJ is taken into consideration. These compression could also be found in the vertebral arteries.
What is MRI Brain with CT Junction Cost in Delhi?
Cost of MRI Brain with CV Junction in Delhi, varies between ₹5500 to ₹ 11000 depending on the lab and the discount offered. Click on the link below to book MRI Brain CV Junction in Delhi online.
|MRI Brain with CV Junction in Delhi||LabsAdvisor Min. Cost||Market Price of MRI Brain with CV Junction|
|Cost of MRI Brain with CV Junction in Delhi||₹ 5500||₹ 11000|
How to book MRI Brain Scan in Delhi
You may search for rates and book MRI brain scans on labsadvisor.com. Feel free to call our expert customer service reps on 09811166231 for any information related to this topic. We can book your MRI Brain Scan in Delhi, MRI Brain Scan in Gurgaon, MRI Scan Brain in Faridabad, MRI Scan Brain in Ghaziabad and MRI Scan Brain in Noida.
LabsAdvisor has over 50 MRI centres spread across Delhi / NCR where your brain scan can be undertaken. Additionally, our tie-ups with various labs entitle us to huge discounts on the market price. The patients get the benefit of these discounts and get upto 50% on the market prices.
You can even fill the form below for a call back.
Anatomy of Brain
The human brain is classified into three parts given below.
- Cerebrum: This thinking half of the brain comprises the left and the right hemispheres. It controls the senses of the body and tries to maintain the emotional balance and reflexes in the body. It is divided into four lobes: Frontal, Parietal, Temporal and Occipital.
- Cerebellum: This part is located right beneath the cerebrum and is responsible for physical movements and body posture.
- Brainstem: This part of the brain comprises the midbrain, pons, and the medulla. The spinal cord is connected to the cerebrum and the cerebellum with the help of brainstem. The automatic and involuntary functions such as heart rate, body temperature, sneezing, digestion. Breathing, swallowing, etc. are controlled by this part of the brain.
Why is MRI Scan Brain Prescribed?
An MRI Scan of Brain or MRI Scan of Head can produce detailed images of the brain. MRI Scan technology passes through the bones of the head and can can created images of internal parts of the brain. This helps your doctor is assessment of your brain condition. Some of the cases where an brain MRI is prescribed are listed below:
- Aneurysms (bulging in the blood vessels of the brain)
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Hydrocephalus (a build-up of spinal fluid in the brain cavities)
- Bleeding (Haemorrhage)
- Problems with development or structure
MRI Scan Brain – Technology Used
A magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan is a common diagnostic procedure used by hospitals around the world. An MRI Scan Brain or Head, utilizes a strong magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the brain. MRI brain scan is a non-invasive and painless procedure. Unlike X-rays and CT scans, MRI brain does not use radiation and hence is a safer procedure.
Types of MRI Brain Scans
- With or without contract: A contrast agent is injected in the body for MRI Brain with contrast. This generally gives better images than MRI without contrast. However, your doctor will be in a best position to decide which one to go for.
- Closed vs. open MRI: Most MRI Scan Brain machines require the patient to lie down and go into a machine. For people who fear closed spaces, this may cause anxiety. The technician can give sedatives in those cases. Another alternative is to opt for an open MRI which is more expensive but will not cause anxiety.
- 1.5 Tesla vs. 3 Tesla MRI Brain: Tesla is a unit of measurement of magnetic strength. A 3 Tesla MRI Brain Machine can produce better quality images at a faster pace. However, they are more expensive. Additionally, for most of the MRI scans that are done in India, the 1.5 Tesla machines are adequate.
- Noiseless MRI: Usually conducting an MRI scan is a noisy affair. However, new MRI machines can help drown the noise. If you want a noiseless experience, please check with your friendly advisor at labsadvisor.com
How is MRI Brain Scan Performed
The MRI machine looks like a tube that has both ends open. You lie down on a movable table that slides into the opening of the tube. A technologist monitors you from another room. You can talk with the person by microphone.
Items that need to be removed by patients and individuals before entering the MRI system room include:
- Purse, wallet, money clip, credit cards, cards with magnetic strips
- Electronic devices such as beepers or cell phones
- Hearing aids
- Metal jewellery, watches
- Pens, paper clips, keys, coins
- Hair barrettes, hairpins
- Any article of clothing that has a metal zipper, buttons, snaps, hooks, underwire, or metallic threads
- Shoes, belt buckles, safety pins
Objects that may interfere with MRI Brain scan image quality if close to the area being scanned include:
- Metallic spinal rod
- Plates, pins, screws, or metal mesh used to repair a bone or joint
- Joint replacement or prosthesis
- Metallic jewellery including those used for body piercing
- Some tattoos or tattooed eyeliner.
- Makeup, nail polish or other cosmetic that contains metal
- Bullet, shrapnel, or other type of metallic fragment
- Metallic foreign body within or near the eye (such an object generally can be seen on an x-ray; metal workers are most likely to have this problem)
- Dental fillings (while usually unaffected by the magnetic field, these may distort images of the facial area or brain; the same is true for orthodontic braces and retainers)
During the MRI brain scan, the internal part of the magnet produces repetitive tapping, thumping and other noises. Earplugs or music may be provided to help block the noise. If you are worried about feeling claustrophobic inside the MRI machine, talk to your doctor beforehand. You may receive a sedative before the scan. MRI brain scan can also be done in an open MRI machine which is generally more expensive.
In some cases, a contrast material (MRI brain with contrast), may be injected through an intravenous (IV) line into a vein in your hand or arm. The contrast material enhances the appearance of certain details. The material used for MRIs is less likely to cause an allergic reaction than the material used for CT scans.
An MRI can last up to 45 minutes or more. You must hold very still because movement can blur the resulting images.
MRI Brain Scan Centres In Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida
We have over 50 centres for MRI Brain Scan in Delhi, Gurgaon and Noida. Through our partnership with these centres, we have been able to get very good contracted rates from them. We do not pay any doctor commissions and hence are able to pass onto you the benefits of our excellent contracted rates. We guarantee the quality of the test. If you are not satisfied for a reasonable reason, your money will be given back.
Risks with MRI Brain Scan
MRI does not use ionizing radiation (high-energy radiation that can potentially cause damage to DNA, like the x-rays used CT scans).
There are no known harmful side-effects associated with temporary exposure to the strong magnetic field used by MRI scanners.