View NT Scan Cost Offered in Different Labs & Book Appointment Online
Exclusively view the NT scan cost offered in all the best radiology labs in the table below and book appointment online only on LabsAdvisor.com.
What is NT Scan Cost?
Click on the links below to view price in all the Nuchal Translucency (NT) scan centres in your city.
You can also call us to know the NT scan price in the best labs near you and book appointment online.
(Note: Click on the links to view the updated price, as the price may vary)
|Click to view price in different labs and book appointment online||Starting price|
|Ultrasound Nuchal Translucency / NT Scan Cost in Delhi||₹ 975|
|Ultrasound Nuchal Translucency / NT Scan Cost in Noida||₹ 900|
|Ultrasound Nuchal Translucency / NT Scan Cost in Gurgaon||₹ 975|
|Ultrasound Nuchal Translucency / NT Scan Cost in Bangalore||₹ 680|
|Ultrasound Nuchal Translucency / NT Scan Cost in Chennai||₹ 1,500|
|Ultrasound Nuchal Translucency / NT Scan Cost in Mumbai||₹ 1,360|
|Ultrasound Nuchal Translucency / NT Scan Cost in Pune||₹ 1,600|
|Ultrasound Nuchal Translucency / NT Scan Cost in Hyderabad||₹ 712|
|Ultrasound Nuchal Translucency / NT Scan Cost in other cities||₹ 712|
If you need any assistance in finding the NT scan price in the labs near you, call us at 09811166231.
To get a call back from our professional to know the NT scan price offered in all the radiology labs near you, click on the button below.
Topics covered in the article :-
- What is an Ultrasound NT Scan?
- Why is an Ultrasound NT Scan recommended?
- What are the required preparations for an Ultrasound NT Scan?
- How is an Ultrasound NT Scan done?
- How to interpret the NT scan results?
- Does NT Scan has any risk factor that can affect the results?
- Are there any related tests to NT Scan?
What is an Ultrasound NT Scan?
Nuchal Translucency Scan is the full form of NT scan. It is an imaging procedure done to check the presence of any deformity in a fetus. It is prescribed between 11 weeks to 14 weeks of pregnancy (first trimester).
The Nuchal Scan measures the thickness of nuchal translucency (fluid present at the back of the baby’s neck) in the nuchal fold.
Normally the fluid is thinner but if the fluid is measured thicker than normal, it can be an indication of serious health problems present in the fetus.
It can be a sign of Down syndrome, genetic disorder, heart problems, mortality, deformed limbs in the developing fetus. The test can also show other chromosomal abnormalities like Patau syndrome or Edwards syndrome.
NT (Nuchal Translucency) Scan is also known as NT Screening, Ultrasound Nuchal Translucency or NT NB Scan.
NT NB stands for nasal bone. During the NT scan, doctors also check for the baby’s nasal bone. An absence of the nasal bone in the fetus can be taken as a marker for Down syndrome.
Why is an Ultrasound NT Scan recommended?
A doctor recommends a Nuchal Translucency scan:
- to assess the basic structure of your baby.
- estimate the date of the delivery or the due date.
- to know the number of babies in the mother’s womb (single or multiple).
- to check for the growth and development of the fetus.
- if the mother has a prior history of a fetal abnormality during pregnancy.
- if the parents have genetic conditions in the family.
- to track the normality of the fetus’ heartbeat.
- to take a preventive check of mother’s uterus and pelvis.
- if you are are women above 35 years, an NT Scan is strongly recommended. Chances of deformity in the baby are higher for this age group women.
What are the required preparations for an Ultrasound NT Scan?
- You will have to fill your bladder 30 min before the test. Drink as much water as you can and avoid urinating before the test.
- Wear loose and comfortable clothes. You may be asked to lift your shirt or push down the waistband of your skirt or pants. Avoid wearing a dress.
- Do not carry any metallic ornament or jewelry during the scan.
- Do not apply any cosmetic or ointment on or around your belly.
- If the baby doesn’t seem to be in a cooperating position, your radiologist may ask you to come for a second session.
How is an Ultrasound NT Scan done?
An ultrasound machine creates informative images while looking for the baby’s structure into the mother’s belly. The ultrasound machine is also called as sonography machine that emits high-frequency sound waves.
These sound waves echo off the mother’s body and reflect on the special computer attached to it. The monitor displays 2 D images of the baby and the thickness of the fluid in the nuchal fold (skin fold behind the nape of the neck).
During the scan, you have to lie on your back or on your side on an examining table. A transparent lubricating gel is spread on the belly to avoid friction while moving the transducer.
A transducer is a small wand-shaped device that transfers sound waves to the monitor and helps to make it visible. The transducer is slightly pressed against the spread gel on the skin and moved all over the belly.
During the scan, you may have a feeling of pressure in the bladder as the transducer moves over the belly.
The radiologist will look for the thickness of the fluid buildup at the baby’s neck or check for the nasal bone on the baby’s face.
The whole procedure takes about 20-30 minutes and the detailed images of the baby are displayed on the monitor. As soon as the test gets completed, the technician will help you to get rid of the gel applied to the skin.
The mother can urinate as soon as the test is done. This scan is completely safe for the baby as it does not use radiations, like an X-ray or CT scan.
How to interpret the NT scan results?
There are strict criteria to measure the accuracy of the nuchal translucency. It is important that an expert technician does the ultrasound properly to ensure an accurate result.
The measured results of the nuchal translucency test are interpreted by your concerned doctor. Generally, the test results are not available right away. The patient has to wait for a day to get full results of their scan.
The average reference NT measurement should be less than 3.5mm (millimeters) if your baby measures between 45mm (1.8in) and 84mm (3.3in).
Generally, the nuchal fluid grows in a proportion with your baby’s overall development. If the measurement slopes down than 2.5 mm then it shows an abnormal thickness of the fluid.
The technician assesses the growth of the baby from the head to the bottom of the baby’s spine. The reports will show you a black and vague image of your baby.
The visible white line is the skin that will be brighter than the fluid highlighted in black color. If your sonographer finds something suspicious than he may order other tests to confirm the found problem.
Often, parents who discover something odd or negative result through the test, they may take a difficult decision of ending the pregnancy.
However, it is very important to take a second opinion before taking any decision. As it is also possible that a screening test shows that the baby has an increased chance of having a problem when he or she doesn’t have the problem. This is called a false or fake positive test result. However, this inaccuracy rate is minimal.
Does NT Scan has any risk factor that can affect the results?
The cause of an inaccuracy in Nuchal translucency scan result can be:
- Overweight or obese mother.
- Presence of stool or air bubbles in the intestines or rectum.
- Low amount of amniotic fluid (liquid that surrounds the unborn baby).
- An inappropriate position of the mother or baby during the scan.
- If the baby is hyperactive.
- If the mother is a diabetic, smoker or consumes drugs.
What is NT Scan Cost in Delhi?
Now book NT scan in Delhi at an exclusive price of ₹ 975 only. Also book with upto 50% discounts in any lab you choose in Delhi on LabsAdvisor.com. The following are the best radiology labs for NT scan in Delhi.
- Sood Imaging | Uttam Nagar, Delhi – 110059
- Indian Diagnostics Centre | Janta Market, Delhi – 110027
- Sanjeevani Dwarka Path Labs | Dwarka Sector-8 Metro Station, Delhi – 110077
- Mahajan Imaging | Hauz Khas, Delhi – 110016
- Medi Centre | Malviya Nagar, Delhi – 110017
- City X-ray Lab | Tilak Nagar, Delhi – 110018
What is NT scan cost in Bangalore?
Book NT scan in Bangalore at an exclusive price of ₹ 680 only. You can also book with upto 50% discount on NT scan price in any lab you choose in Bangalore on LabsAdvisor.com. The following are the best labs for NT scan in Bangalore
- Medray Labs | Sanjay Nagar, Bengaluru – 560094
- 3K Healthcare Pvt Ltd | Horamavu, Bengaluru – 560043
- Clumax Diagnostics | Jayangar III Block, Bengaluru – 560011
- Magnus Diagnostics
- Koramangala, Bengaluru – 560034
- HSR Layout, Bengaluru – 560102
- Rashi Diagnostics Centre | Kammanahalli, Bengaluru – 560084
What is NT scan cost in Hyderabad?
Exclusively book NT scan in Hyderabad at an exclusive price of ₹712 only. Get upto 50% discount on NT scan price in any lab you choose in Hyderabad on LabsAdvisor.com. The following are the best labs for NT scan in Hyderabad
- Lucid Medical Diagnostics
- Shahalibanda, Hyderabad – 500065
- Attapur, Hyderabad – 500048
- Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034
- Vasavi Nagar (Karkhana), Secunderabad – 500015
- Vanasthalipuram – 500070
- Dr. A.S.Rao Nagar, Hyderabad – 500062
- Kukatpally, Hyderabad – 500072
- Vista Diagnostics | Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034
What is NT scan cost in Chennai?
NT scan price in Chennai starts from ₹ 1,500 and varies depending on the lab. Get upto 50% discount in any lab you choose in Chennai on LabsAdvisor. The following are the best labs for NT scan in Chennai
- Primex Lab | T Nagar, Chennai – 600117
- Aarthi Scans
- Anna nagar, Chennai – 600040
- Tambaram H O, Chennai – 600045
- Korukkupet, Chennai – 600021
- Teynampet, Chennai – 600018
- Primex Scan & Labs | Velachery, Chennai – 600042
- Proscan Diagnostics | Chennai – 600034
What is NT scan cost in Mumbai?
NT scan price in Mumbai starts from ₹ 1,360. Get upto 20% discount in any lab you choose in Mumbai on LabsAdvisor. The following are the best labs for NT scan in Mumbai
- Neptune Diagnostics | Ghatkopar East, Mumbai – 400077
- NM Medical
- Malad West Dely, Mumbai – 400064
- Kannamwar Nagar, Mumbai – 400083
- Parel West, Mumbai – 400025
- Mulund West, Mumbai – 400080
- Divine Diagnostix | Goregaon West, Mumbai – 400062
- Proscan Diagnostics | Marol Naka, Mumbai – 400059
- Way 2 Health Diagnostics | Vikhroli, Mumbai – 400079
Are there any related tests to NT Scan?
Nuchal Translucency Scan involves dependency on some other blood tests to measure the levels of plasma protein and Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG), in the maternal hormone.
Abnormal levels may indicate a chromosomal issue. There are few other tests like Double Marker Test, Triple Marker Test and Quadruple Marker Test are done for detection of pre-birth conditions of the fetus and is usually done after 8 weeks of pregnancy up to 14 weeks.