DNA Test During Pregnancy – View Price & Purpose
Call us to know who can take the DNA Test during pregnancy and price offered in different labs by clicking on the button below.
To know more about Paternity DNA test during pregnancy, read the article below.
Topics covered in the article :-
- What is a DNA Paternity Test?
- Can I check the paternity of a child before the child is born?
- What is Prenatal DNA Paternity Test (DNA Test during Pregnancy in India)?
- What is the difference between invasive and non-invasive prenatal DNA paternity test?
- What is the accuracy of testing for a non-invasive prenatal DNA paternity test?
- What is the cost of the non-invasive prenatal paternity test?
- How can I book a non-invasive prenatal paternity DNA test in India?
- Do you give coverage across the country?
- When is the test report available?
- Do you maintain full confidentiality?
- What is the test procedure?
- Can you arrange for home blood sample collection for DNA test while pregnant?
- How many months into pregnancy can prenatal DNA paternity test be done?
- What are the other cases of DNA paternity tests you handle?
What is a DNA Test During Pregnancy?
DNA Paternity test uses the matching for DNA from two samples, one from a child and another from alleged or potential father, to conclusively establish the relationship. If the test is positive then the child is the son or daughter of the alleged father. If the result is negative, the child is NOT the son or daughter of the alleged father.
Can I check the paternity of a child before the child is born?
Yes, the DNA technology has become so advanced that it can compare the DNA of an unborn child with the DNA of the alleged/potential father. This test conclusively proves whether the alleged father is the biological father of the unborn child.
What is Prenatal DNA Paternity Test (DNA Test during Pregnancy in India)?
Prenatal DNA paternity test (DNA Test during Pregnancy in India) is conducted when a lady is pregnant. If for some reason the lady is unsure who is the father of the child or the father insists on checking the paternity of the unborn child, this test can help.
The DNA sample of the unborn child is matched with the DNA sample of the alleged father. The DNA matching can conclusively prove whether the male whose sample is compared is the father of the child or not.
What is the difference between invasive and non-invasive prenatal DNA paternity test?
When a pregnant lady decides to go for a DNA paternity test, this distinction between the invasive and non-invasive prenatal tests is very important.
Non-invasive prenatal paternity test takes the DNA of the child from the blood of the mother. Invasive prenatal paternity test takes the DNA of the child from the amniotic fluid, which means that an invasive procedure needs to be done to the unborn child.
This distinction is very important to note.
We recommend the non-invasive prenatal DNA paternity test very strongly over the invasive version. Here are our reasons for this strong suggestion:
- Non-invasive prenatal DNA paternity test derives the DNA of the unborn child from mother’s blood like in any other blood test. Hence, there is no danger to the child. In an invasive prenatal test, on the other hand, a needle is inserted in the womb to take a sample of the amniotic fluid from which the DNA of the child is derived. This can be stressful for the unborn child and the pregnant mother. There is a chance that an abortion may take place.
- There is no need for the pregnant lady to get herself admitted to hospital for the non-invasive test. Hence, the expenses of the hospital and gynecologist can be avoided. Also, the blood sample for the non-invasive test can be collected from your home avoiding the inconvenience of getting admitted to a hospital.
- The non-invasive prenatal paternity DNA test can be done anytime after 8 weeks of pregnancy and the results are given within 10 days of the blood sample collection. In cases, where this test may determine whether the child will be kept or not, non-invasive prenatal paternity DNA test can help you do the family planning. Indian law allows for a fetus to be aborted within the first 3 months of pregnancy. An invasive test can be done only 12 weeks post pregnancy and hence family planning is not possible.
Hence, always go for non-invasive prenatal DNA paternity test over the invasive test
What is the accuracy of testing for a non-invasive prenatal DNA paternity test?
The technology used for a non-invasive prenatal paternity test is very advanced. It can conclusively prove the paternity relationship between the unborn child and the alleged father.
What is the cost of the non-invasive prenatal paternity test?
Cost of the non-invasive prenatal paternity test in India is ₹100800. This assumes that mother’s blood sample and alleged father’s blood samples are used in testing. If there is a different DNA source, then the price may change.
How can I book a non-invasive prenatal paternity DNA test in India?
Please give us a call on 09811166231 and ask to speak with one of our DNA testing experts. If you will like a callback, please fill out the form below
Do you give coverage across the country?
Yes. We have representatives in over 200 Indian cities and towns. We can arrange to get the DNA samples collected across India at a very short notice. We cover key cities like Delhi, Chennai, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Chandigarh, Mumbai, Pune, Hyderabad, Amritsar, Lucknow, Mysore, Kochi, Guwahati and many more across India.
When is the test report available?
Our report is cross-checked at our partner laboratory in Canada. This is done to ensure that you get the right report for this very important test. Once the blood sample is collected, the report is usually ready in the next 10 days.
If your case is more complicated e.g. DNA sample of the alleged father is difficult to extract, then it may take more time. You will be told before the sample collection if there is any potential delay in your case.
Do you maintain full confidentiality?
We understand the going for a DNA Test during Pregnancy in India is mostly never a pleasant experience for the family. We understand that you not only need the right information to take a call on the test but also need someone to hear your requirements in a non-judgemental way.
Our DNA Testing experts are there to provide you with the right information without compromising on confidentiality.
What is the test procedure?
We need two DNA samples for matching and checking the father-child relationship for DNA Test during Pregnancy in India. DNA of the child can be extracted from the blood of the mother anytime after 8 weeks of pregnancy.
Hence, mother’s blood sample will need to be collected. The blood sample of the alleged father will also need to be collected. If for any reason, alleged father’s blood sample is not available, we can also extract DNA of the alleged father from other DNA containing samples like hair.
How many months into pregnancy can prenatal DNA paternity test be done?
Prenatal non-invasive DNA Paternity Test is a very advanced DNA test. DNA of the unborn child can be derived from mother’s blood sample anytime after 8 weeks of pregnancy. So any time after 8 weeks into the pregnancy, this test can be done.
What are the other cases of DNA paternity tests you handle?
There are various cases of DNA Paternity tests that we handle on a regular basis. The most common DNA test is when a young child and alleged father’s DNA are to be matched.
Click on DNA Paternity Test to check more information about this, which will cost 1,00,800 only.
Click to know DNA Test Cost in India
There are many unique cases that we handle. One example is of a couple who were living apart for a few months due to marital discord. The husband visited the wife for a week during this period to patch up. During this week the wife got pregnant, but the couple could not sort their differences out. They decided to file for divorce.
When the husband got to know about the wife’s pregnancy, he blamed her for infidelity and put this argument in his divorce petition. Given the context, the young wife decided to abort the fetus so that she could start her life anew.
She reached out to us to get the aborted fetus tested against the husband’s DNA sample to prove that the child was indeed his. She got a court notice to draw the husband’s blood sample and we compared the DNA of that blood sample with the DNA of the aborted fetus.
This paternity DNA test conclusively proved that the child belonged to the husband. The wife has now got the divorce with her dignity intact.
As the above case indicates, in many cases we will be able to offer you solution that is unique to your requirements. Call us on 09811166231 to get a customized DNA testing solution.
Our other guides on DNA tests in India