Know everything about Prenatal/Paternity DNA Test in India
DNA Test in India is mostly used to establish the relationship between a father and his children. In many cases, the relationship between different family members may need to be established for inheritance, immigration or other legal purposes. Read below to know the lowest price for DNA test in India through LabsAdvisor and other procedures required for the test.
Cost of Paternity DNA Test in India
DNA testing is a high-end process which involves multiple procedures specifically done by professionals. The cost of DNA paternity test in India is ₹13,382. Please give us a call on 09811166231 to book the test in your city or click the given names of the city in the given table below.
|DNA Test in India (Click to book)||
DNA Test Cost in India
|DNA Paternity Test (Father + 1 Child) Cost in Delhi||₹13,382|
|DNA Paternity Test (Father + 1 Child) Cost in Bangalore||₹13,382|
|DNA Paternity Test (Father + 1 Child) Cost in Chennai||₹13,382|
|DNA Paternity Test (Father + 1 Child) Cost in Hyderabad||₹13,382|
|DNA Paternity Test (Father + 1 Child) Cost in Mumbai||₹13,382|
|DNA Paternity Test (Father + 1 Child) Cost in India|
Cost of Prenatal Non-invasive Paternity DNA Test in India
Click on the link below to know the cost of DNA test in India in any city including Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Kolkata and over 45 others. You can also select your city from the table given below or give us a call at 9811166231 to know more.
|DNA Test in India (Click to book)||DNA Test Cost in India|
|Non-Invasive Prenatal DNA Paternity Test (Father + Mother) Cost in Delhi||₹100,800|
|Non-Invasive Prenatal DNA Paternity Test (Father + Mother) Cost in Bangalore||₹100,800|
|Non-Invasive Prenatal DNA Paternity Test (Father + Mother) Cost in Chennai||₹100,800|
|Non-invasive Prenatal DNA Paternity Test (Father + Mother) Cost in Hyderabad||₹100,800|
|Non-Invasive DNA Paternity Test (Father + Mother) Cost in Mumbai||₹100,800|
|Non-invasive Prenatal Paternity test Cost in India|
In this complete guide on DNA Paternity Testing, we will answer the key questions that people face when considering a DNA test. While the questions we are answering below may be specific to paternity DNA test, the logic applies to other kinds of DNA tests for inheritance or immigration purposes.
- What is Paternity DNA test?
- Why is Paternity DNA test conducted?
- Whose samples are required for Paternity DNA test?
- How accurate is paternity DNA test?
- How is DNA extracted for Paternity DNA test?
- What is buccal swab?
- Can the Paternity DNA Test be done before the child is born?
- How do I get the process started?
- How long does it take to get the results once the specimen is collected?
- What are the formalities for the testing?
- Do you maintain complete confidentiality?
- How do I interpret the Paternity DNA test results
- How to book Paternity DNA Test in India?
What is Paternity DNA test?
DNA testing provides the proof of a family relationship between different individuals. The DNA of blood relatives, belonging to the same family, shows similarity. If any individual A is connected to any individual B through a blood relation, then checking their blood or any other DNA containing the sample and matching it, can give conclusive proof that the two individuals are related.
For example, a father’s DNA will always match his children’s DNA. Two siblings DNA will show similarity and they can be determined to be siblings through a DNA test. A grandfather’s DNA will match his grandchildren’s DNA.
A comparison of the DNA of the alleged father and the child can ascertain with 100% guarantee that the said child is the son or daughter of the alleged father or not. DNA samples of the father and the child can be taken through blood sample collection or other forms of collecting DNA like buccal swab (a sample taken from the inside of the cheek).
Why is Paternity DNA test conducted?
There are many reasons why a paternity DNA test is requested. Some of the reasons are listed below:
- IVF Issues: With the increase in the childbearing issues, a number of fertility centers have cropped up across India. While some fertility centers do good work, others are trying to make money through the emotionally difficult time for a couple. Some unscrupulous centers use the ovum or the sperm from someone else for IVF purposes. While they guarantee that the sperm and the ovum belong to the father and mother respectively, there is no way to be sure. If parents suspect that their samples were not used for fertilization, they can get a maternity DNA test (to ensure that mother’s egg was used) or a paternity DNA test (to ensure that the father’s sperm was used) done.
- Swap in the hospital: If the parents have a reason to believe that there was a swap of their baby in the hospital, the maternity DNA test or the paternity DNA test can be used to rule out this possibility.
- Lack of trust on the wife: By far the most common reason for getting a paternity DNA test done. If a husband believes or has a reason to believe that the wife has been unfaithful and the child is not his, the husband can order a paternity DNA test to match his DNA with the DNA of the child. This conclusively proves or disproves husband’s doubts. Sometimes, this test is done for peace of mind purposes while in other cases the DNA test is ordered by the courts to settle a family dispute or to grant a divorce on basis of infidelity.
- A lady trying to understand who is the real father: In some cases, the lady is not sure who the real father is. Testing the DNA samples of the alleged father and the child can determine who the real father is. This kind of test can be done during pregnancy as well.
- Inheritance purposes: There are many cases across India, where an individual will make a claim that he/she belongs to a particular family but the family does not agree. An example of this kind of dispute is when an individual alleged that he is the son of the famous politician, Narayan Dutt Tiwari. Through DNA testing mandated by the court, the allegations were found to be true. Now that individual has the right to inheritance from Narayan Dutt Tiwari.
- Immigration Purposes: Before giving the permanent residence or citizenship, certain countries require that the relationship between the primary applicant and their family be proved. Hence, DNA Paternity or DNA relationship testing is required by the immigration authorities of those countries.
Paternity DNA test or any other DNA test can be done for the peace of mind of the family. The tests can also be prescribed by a court. The prices of both the tests are different. A court-mandated test is generally more expensive because the testing lab may have to go to the court to make a presentation. Also, the sample preservation time is much longer for court-mandated DNA tests.
Click to read the listed types of DNA testing done in India- Kinds of DNA Testing in India.
Whose samples are required for Paternity DNA test?
To determine the relationship between a man and a child, samples from both of them are required. There are some labs which also ask for mother’s sample for the paternity test. This is not required and the labs are just trying to make additional money. Mother’s sample is required for prenatal paternity testing (mother’s blood is taken instead of the child’s blood as the child is in the womb) or in cases of maternity DNA testing.
Paternity DNA tests are very accurate. The tests can prove that the man is a father with over 99.9% accuracy. The tests can prove that the man is NOT a father with 100% accuracy.
How is DNA extracted for Paternity DNA test?
In India, the most common form of extraction of DNA remains the blood of the individuals involved in testing. The blood sample is collected like it is done in any other blood-based test. If blood collection is inconvenient, the DNA sample can be extracted from a buccal swab. In certain kinds of DNA testing (e.g. a dead body’s testing of the relationship to an individual) other items like bone, hair etc. can also be used for DNA extraction.
What is buccal swab?
A buccal swab is the tissue sample taken from the inside of the cheek of an individual. A thin ear bud type of the rod with cotton on both ends is sent to you. You are required to take a swab of the inner cheek of the individual and put it in the container sent by the DNA lab. All the samples need to be collected separately.
Can the Paternity DNA Test be done before the child is born?
Yes, you can take a paternity DNA test before the child is born. LabsAdvisor offers Non-invasive Prenatal DNA Paternity Testing service to those who wish to find out paternity during pregnancy. The testing results have the same accuracy as the test done after the child is born.
This test can be done after 8 weeks of pregnancy. By that time the blood of the mother will contain the DNA of the child. By comparing the blood of the mother with the blood of the alleged father, it can be conclusively proved whether the unborn baby is the baby of the alleged father.
There are certain labs that are promoting an invasive paternity testing at a lower cost. We will strongly advise against the invasive procedure because of the following reasons:
- A substance is withdrawn from the womb which has a 1% chance that the baby may get aborted.
- The test can be done only after 3 months of pregnancy, hence it is not used for family planning purposes.
Always go for the non-invasive procedure. It is expensive but is 100% accurate and there is no chance of harm to the mother or the baby.
How do I get the process started?
To get the DNA testing process started, please call 09811166231 and discuss your options with one of our DNA experts. We have a large collection network across the country. You can go to the center for specimen collection or collection can be arranged near your home or workplace. We provide collection facility across more than 150 cities in India including Delhi, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Gurgaon, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chandigarh and many more.
How long does it take to get the results once the specimen is collected?
It takes about 5 to 10 working days to generate your DNA testing results after all samples are collected.
What are the formalities for the testing?
An id proof will be required for the people who are getting tested. A consent form will need to be signed by the legal guardian for minors.
Get ₹200 voucher for your first medical test booking at LabsAdvisor.com.
How do you maintain complete confidentiality?
We understand that undergoing a paternity test is a very emotional process. Our experts are proficient in the process and will guide you well. We ensure complete transparency and even the counselor will not be privy to the final results. Only the technicians who do the testing will know about the results. We do not store these reports on our portal.
How do I interpret the Paternity DNA test results
In a standard paternity DNA test, if the alleged father is not the biological father, that is proved with 100% accuracy. If the alleged father is the biological father, that is proved with 99.9% accuracy.
How to book Paternity DNA Test in India?
To book your DNA Paternity Test or any other kind of DNA test, please call LabsAdvisor on 09811166231. We can offer you the right advice and the right testing, with utmost confidentiality.
If you have any questions related to DNA relationship testing or DNA paternity test, please fill out the form below for a callback. We can tell you the cost and book the test for you. You can also call us on 09811166231 for any information. LabsAdvisor can arrange for DNA testing in over 150 cities of India including Delhi, Bengaluru, Chennai, Mumbai, Kolkata, Gurgaon, Hyderabad and many more.
Other relevant guides on DNA tests: