DNA testing provides the proof of a family relationship between different individuals. The DNA of blood relatives, belonging to the same family, shows similarity.
Book this really important test at your local top quality labs through us at up to 15% discount. The lowest DNA Test Cost is ₹13300 only.
DNA Test Through LabsAdvisor
Book online yourself at any time of the day or night by clicking on the appropriate link in the table below
DNA Test Cost & Labs
We offer the DNA test in over 20 Indian cities. Click on the link of your city below to choose a lab and make an online booking for home collection at a suitable time.
|DNA Paternity Test (Father + 1 Child)
DNA Test Cost in India
|DNA Paternity Test (Father + 1 Child) in Delhi
|DNA Paternity Test (Father + 1 Child) in Gurgaon
|DNA Paternity Test (Father + 1 Child) in Noida
|DNA Paternity Test (Father + 1 Child) in Bangalore
|DNA Paternity Test (Father + 1 Child) in Mumbai
|DNA Paternity Test (Father + 1 Child) in Chennai
|DNA Paternity Test (Father + 1 Child) in Hyderabad
|DNA Paternity Test (Father + 1 Child) in Other Cities of India
Frequently Asked Questions About DNA Test
What is Paternity DNA test?
DNA testing provides the proof of a family relationship between different individuals. The DNA of blood relatives, belonging to the same family, shows similarity. If any individual A is connected to any individual B through a blood relation, then checking their blood or any other DNA containing the sample and matching it, can give conclusive proof that the two individuals are related.
For example, a father’s DNA will always match his children’s DNA. Two siblings DNA will show similarity and they can be determined to be siblings through a DNA test. A grandfather’s DNA will match his grandchildren’s DNA.
A comparison of the DNA of the alleged father and the child can ascertain with 100% guarantee that the said child is the son or daughter of the alleged father or not. DNA samples of the father and the child can be taken through blood sample collection or other forms of collecting DNA like buccal swab (a sample taken from the inside of the cheek).
Why is Paternity DNA test conducted?
There are many reasons why a paternity DNA test is requested. Some of the reasons are listed below:
- IVF Issues: With the increase in the childbearing issues, a number of fertility centers have cropped up across India. While some fertility centers do good work, others are trying to make money through the emotionally difficult time for a couple. Some unscrupulous centers use the ovum or the sperm from someone else for IVF purposes. While they guarantee that the sperm and the ovum belong to the father and mother respectively, there is no way to be sure. If parents suspect that their samples were not used for fertilization, they can get a maternity DNA test (to ensure that mother’s egg was used) or a paternity DNA test (to ensure that the father’s sperm was used) done.
- Swap in the hospital: If the parents have a reason to believe that there was a swap of their baby in the hospital, the maternity DNA test or the paternity DNA test can be used to rule out this possibility.
- Lack of trust on the wife: By far the most common reason for getting a paternity DNA test done. If a husband believes or has a reason to believe that the wife has been unfaithful and the child is not his, the husband can order a paternity DNA test to match his DNA with the DNA of the child. This conclusively proves or disproves husband’s doubts. Sometimes, this test is done for peace of mind purposes while in other cases the DNA test is ordered by the courts to settle a family dispute or to grant a divorce on basis of infidelity.
- A lady trying to understand who is the real father: In some cases, the lady is not sure who the real father is. Testing the DNA samples of the alleged father and the child can determine who the real father is. This kind of test can be done during pregnancy as well.
- Inheritance purposes: There are many cases across India, where an individual will make a claim that he/she belongs to a particular family but the family does not agree. An example of this kind of dispute is when an individual alleged that he is the son of the famous politician, Narayan Dutt Tiwari. Through DNA testing mandated by the court, the allegations were found to be true. Now that individual has the right to inheritance from Narayan Dutt Tiwari.
- Immigration Purposes: Before giving the permanent residence or citizenship, certain countries require that the relationship between the primary applicant and their family be proved. Hence, DNA Paternity or DNA relationship testing is required by the immigration authorities of those countries.
Paternity DNA test or any other DNA test can be done for the peace of mind of the family. The tests can also be prescribed by a court. The prices of both the tests are different. A court-mandated test is generally more expensive because the testing lab may have to go to the court to make a presentation. Also, the sample preservation time is much longer for court-mandated DNA tests.
Whose samples are required for Paternity DNA test?
To determine the relationship between a man and a child, samples from both of them are required. There are some labs which also ask for mother’s sample for the paternity test. This is not required and the labs are just trying to make additional money. Mother’s sample is required for prenatal paternity testing (mother’s blood is taken instead of the child’s blood as the child is in the womb) or in cases of maternity DNA testing.
Paternity DNA tests are very accurate. The tests can prove that the man is a father with over 99.9% accuracy. The tests can prove that the man is NOT a father with 100% accuracy.
How is DNA extracted for Paternity DNA test?
In India, the most common form of extraction of DNA remains the blood of the individuals involved in testing. The blood sample is collected like it is done in any other blood-based test. If blood collection is inconvenient, the DNA sample can be extracted from a buccal swab. In certain kinds of DNA testing (e.g. a dead body’s testing of the relationship to an individual) other items like bone, hair etc. can also be used for DNA extraction.
What is buccal swab?
A buccal swab is the tissue sample taken from the inside of the cheek of an individual. A thin ear bud type of the rod with cotton on both ends is sent to you. You are required to take a swab of the inner cheek of the individual and put it in the container sent by the DNA lab. All the samples need to be collected separately.
Can the Paternity DNA Test be done before the child is born?
Yes, you can take a paternity DNA test before the child is born. LabsAdvisor offers Non-invasive Prenatal DNA Paternity Testing service to those who wish to find out paternity during pregnancy. The testing results have the same accuracy as the test done after the child is born.
This test can be done after 8 weeks of pregnancy. By that time the blood of the mother will contain the DNA of the child. By comparing the blood of the mother with the blood of the alleged father, it can be conclusively proved whether the unborn baby is the baby of the alleged father.
There are certain labs that are promoting an invasive paternity testing at a lower cost. We will strongly advise against the invasive procedure because of the following reasons:
- A substance is withdrawn from the womb which has a 1% chance that the baby may get aborted.
- The test can be done only after 3 months of pregnancy, hence it is not used for family planning purposes.
Always go for the non-invasive procedure. It is expensive but is 100% accurate and there is no chance of harm to the mother or the baby.