A merger of positron emission tomography and computed tomography is known as a PET CT scan. It is a productive nuclear imaging technique that identifies tumors and cancer in the human body. PET CT scan is also known as PET scan.
Book your PET CT scan in Chennai at a premium lab like Aarthi Diagnostics, and at your nearest high-quality labs in Chennai through us at up to 50% discount. The lowest PET CT scan cost in Chennai starts from ₹9999 only.
|PET Scan in Chennai Through LabsAdvisor|
PET CT Scan Cost in Chennai and Lab Details
To check the updated PET CT scan cost in Chennai and lab details kindly, click on the link mentioned below. You can make an online booking for your scan at any time of the day or night.
|PET CT Scan in Chennai||Starting From|
|PET CT Scan in Chennai||₹9999|
|PET CT Scan Cost in Other Cities of India||₹9000|
The exclusive offers on the PET CT scan cost in Chennai are available only through the bookings made via LabsAdvisor.com. You will be asked to pay the actual PET CT scan price in Chennai if you don’t carry the booking confirmation message sent by LabsAdvisor.com.
Frequently Asked Questions About PET CT Scan.
What is a PET scan used for?
A merger of positron emission tomography and computed tomography is known as a PET CT scan. It is a productive nuclear imaging technique that identifies tumors and cancer in the human body.
PET CT scan can differentiate cancerous and non-cancerous tumors and it is also used to analyze the ongoing treatment for cancer.
How PET CT scan is done?
A required amount of glucose-containing radioactive tracers will be injected a few hours before the scan to get a detailed picture of our body.
After an hour, you will be asked to lay down on the table attached to the PET CT scan machine. The radioactive tracers injected into the body will be taken and sent to process into images with help of a special computer.
The radioactive tracers will gather in the place where the tumor is present and gives a spotlight to those in the image.
Benefits of performing a PET CT scan?
- Tumor cells can be detected at an earlier stage with the help of a PET CT scan.
- It is a non-invasive imaging technique to detect and diagnose cancer and tumors.
- PET CT scan is efficient enough to differentiate the cancer cells from normal cells.
- Various medical conditions such as Alzheimer’s disease, epilepsy, etc are diagnosed with the help of a PET CT scan.
Who is not recommended to take a scan?
- Mother of a newborn – The radioactive tracers that are injected into the body to detect tumors, stay for a few days after undergoing the process. The tracers may affect the newborn baby during the time of breastfeeding, as it present in our body.
- Pregnant Women – The radiation may affect the fetus during the procedure, so it is necessary to consult with a doctor before undergoing such a process.
- Kidney Disease – The contrast dye used while performing the procedure may result in kidney failure if the patient is already suffering from any kidney disorders.
- Allergic or having a medical condition – Using the contrast dye may result in allergic reactions.