A Renal Doppler Ultrasound Scan is one of the most accurate ways to evaluate the blood flow to the arteries in the kidney to check the indication of any blockage or narrowing.
Book Renal Doppler Ultrasound test at your local top quality labs through us at up to 50% discount. The lowest Renal Doppler test cost is ₹1275 only.
Renal Doppler Test Through LabsAdvisor
Book your Renal Doppler scan online yourself at any time of the day or night by clicking on the appropriate link in the table below.
Renal Doppler Test Cost in India and Labs Details
We offer the Renal Doppler test in over 20 Indian cities. Click on the link of your city below to choose a lab and make an online booking for home collection at a suitable time.
|Renal Doppler Test Cost||Price starting from|
|Renal Doppler Test Price in Delhi||₹1750|
|Renal Doppler Test Price in Noida||₹1760|
|Renal Doppler Test Price in Gurgaon||₹1750|
|Renal Doppler Test Price in Mumbai||₹2250|
|Renal Doppler Test Price in Bangalore||₹2125|
|Renal Doppler Test Price in Chennai||₹3150|
|Renal Doppler Test Price in Hyderabad||₹1275|
|Renal Doppler Test Price in Other cities of India||₹1275|
If your city is not listed in the table above, call us on 09811166231. We will get back to you with the price of a Renal Doppler test near your location.
Get the lowest price for your Renal Doppler test by calling us at
If you want us to call you back, click on the link below
Frequently Asked Questions About Renal Doppler Test
What is the Renal Doppler Test?
A Renal Doppler Ultrasound Scan is one of the most accurate ways to evaluate the blood flow to the arteries in the kidney to check the indication of any blockage or narrowing. An Ultrasound Doppler machine is used to measure the speed of blood flow to determine the degree of narrow blood vessels.
An ultrasound Doppler evaluation of organs and vessels add colors and dimensions in the data, that is generally not available on other imaging techniques. Renal Doppler is performed similarly to an ultrasound or by a sonography machine. It helps to detect sound waves that echo off the tissues and create images of certain structures like blood vessels in a Doppler scan.
It is also called as Renal Artery Ultrasound, as it shows the renal arteries, the arteries that carry blood to the kidney.
Who is Recommended for a Renal Artery Doppler Ultrasound Test?
Your doctor may ask you for a Renal Artery Doppler Ultrasound if you have:
- uncontrolled high blood pressure (Hypertension),
- renal artery stenosis (narrowing of blood vessels),
- fat build up in the arteries,
- Atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries),
- swelling or pain on the sides of your abdominal area,
- clotting or bulging of arteries
It is often ordered to:
- Check blood flow in your arteries,
- See how blood vessels heal after treatment, as a follow checkup.
Does a Renal Doppler Ultrasound Need any Preparations?
- Do not wear any metallic ornament or apply any cosmetics on your stomach during the test.
- Preferably wear a loose and comfortable pair of clothes- a lower and a kurta or shirt separately as your radiologist may ask you to lift your shirt or lower your waist belt.
- Do not consume nicotine 24 hours prior to your test as it causes blood vessels to narrow.
- Leave jewelry at home, since you will have to remove it from any area to be tested.
- Take your other related test reports along with you.
- Notify your doctor if you are diabetic or suffer any kidney diseases.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant
What is Renal Doppler Ultrasound is Done?
The Renal Artery Doppler Ultrasound uses high-frequency sound waves to evaluate the blood flow in the arteries of your kidneys. This test is very safe, painless, and doesn’t use radiation.
An Ultrasound machine has an attached examining table where you will be asked to lie down on their sides. A special clear and warm lubricating gel will be applied to the abdomen to avoid friction while moving the transducer on your abdomen and sides. A transducer is a flat-shaped small device that transmits the sound waves and sends it to the monitor.
As the device will be moved around, it sends sound waves into your body. The waves bounce off your tissues and organs, then reflect back to the device. The computer creates detailed images of the affected area. The monitor is controlled by a sonographer who may ask you to hold your breath for 3-5 seconds or change your sides to check your abdomen thoroughly.
The whole process takes around 30-40 minutes. You may feel slight pressure when the technician will press the device against your skin. Once the test is done, you wipe the gel from your body, and you’re all set.
Are There Any Risk Factors for a Renal Doppler Ultrasound Scan?
Since the renal artery ultrasound is done without penetrating the body and does not use dyes or x-rays, there is no or minimal risk involved in the procedure. But there can be a few risks in some rare cases.
- The procedure requires the patient to hold their breath for small durations. And if the patient fails to hold their breath then adequately it will lessen the chances of getting accuracy in the report.
- As the process needs manual help to administer the reports, it is highly operator dependent.
- The results may easily get affected if the patient has obesity or bowel loops (gas).
Other topics you may be interested in:-
- Thyroid Function Test Cost in India
- eGFR ( Estimated Glomerular filtration rate) Test Cost in India
- Kidney Function Test Cost in India
- Serum Creatinine Test Cost in India