Find PET Scan Cost in Bangalore in all the labs, compare prices and book appointment online with up to 60% discount exclusively through LabsAdvisor – “India’s Largest Online Medical Test Platform.” Served more than 10 lakh happy customers across the country.
Click on the button to know the PET scan price in Bangalore offered by all the best nuclear imaging radiology labs.
What is the PET Scan Cost in Bangalore?
You can book PET Scan in Bangalore at an exclusive price of ₹ 12,000 only through LabsAdvisor in the best radiology lab.
The market price of PET scan in Bangalore is ₹22,000. You can avail flat 32% discount on PET CT scan cost in Bangalore exclusively through LabsAdvisor. You can also avail ₹450 cashback in addition to ₹7,000 discount making it further cheap.
For additional information call us at 09811166231. To get a callback from our team to avail discounts on PET scan cost in Bangalore, click on the button below.
Frequently Asked Questions About PET Scan
What is a PET Scan?
PET Scan or Positron Emission Tomography Scan is a very advanced test that can identify cancer in different parts of the body. It has become an indispensable tool in the fight against cancer. Not only is it used to check for cancer in the body, it is also used to check the progress of treatment against cancer and recurrence of cancer.
While your doctor is in the best position to recommend PET Scan for you, we are here to help you find the lowest PET scan cost in Bangalore. Cancer is a big financial burden for many families and we at LabsAdvisor.com, India’s largest medical test platform are doing our part to reduce PET Scan test cost for you.
Who Should Not Do a PET Scan?
- Mother of a newborn: If you had just given birth you should not do a PET scan because the radioactive tracers that are given to you will affect the newborn when you breastfeed which is very harmful to the baby.
- Pregnant Women: It is highly advised not to take a PET scan when you are pregnant. Even if you are at a very early stage of pregnancy it will harm the fetus. If you are not sure about your pregnancy take the Beta HCG test and then you may proceed for a PET scan.
- Kidney Disease: If you have a kidney disease or high level of creatinine in your body, undergoing a PET scan can be extremely harmful.
- Allergic or having a Medical condition: Inform your doctor if you are allergic to contrast material, had any illness recently, have a medical condition and if you are claustrophobic.
What is the Procedure of PET Scan in Bangalore?
PET Scan uses a radioactive tracer to identify abnormalities through a PET CT machine. Radioactive tracer interacts with the PET Scan machines waves to create very detailed vivid images of our body. Most patients will not feel any different once the radioactive material is injected into their bodies before the scan. You may have to wait for sometime for the material to get absorbed before the scan is done.
PET Scan machine is round with a big hole in the center. You will have to lie down on a table attached to the machine. The technician will be able to move the table inside the PET CT machine to create the images we mentioned above.
Allow for at least an hour for testing. Some wait time and radioactive absorption time is also there. So overall you may account for three hours in total but usually, you will be free much earlier.
For PET Scan you are required to observe a fast of around 10 hours. You may be allowed to drink water before your PET Scan. It is best to speak to the lab before you for your PET Scan to know all the requirements.
We have written a very detailed article on PET Scan procedure in Delhi. The same procedure applies for PET Scan in Bangalore. Please check out of detailed pet scan procedure for India.
Why should you prefer a PET Scan over other tests?
- The imaging test will find the tumor only if it has crossed the early stage and grow big enough to be visible in the imaging tests whereas PET scan detects the tumor even before the symptom and sign of it.
- Cancer has been traditionally diagnosed by tissue biopsy such as needle biopsy, endoscopic biopsy, shave biopsy etc., which are highly invasive, repetitive, time-consuming and cannot find the right treatment. PET scan eliminates all these disadvantages.
- A tumor when present can be both cancerous and non-cancerous. PET scan can easily differentiate between them, which prevents wrong treatment and surgeries.
- PET scan can also be helpful for diagnosing Alzheimer’s disease, epilepsy, and other mental illness.
What are the disadvantages of PET Scan?
- PET scan should not be done often because frequent injection of the radioactive substance in your body is harmful.
- As it is a new technique, the price of the PET scan is high. But we at LabsAdvisor managed to reduce the PET scan cost in Bangalore drastically.