MRI scan is a non-invasive imagining technique done to detect and diagnose various medical conditions. It is one of the most commonly used imaging techniques done to visualize the internal parts of the body. The MRI lumbar spine scan is done to diagnose various conditions in the spine.
Book this really important test at your local top quality labs through us at upto 50% discount. The lowest MRI Ls Spine cost in India is ₹2500 only.
MRI Ls Spine Through LabsAdvisor
MRI Ls Spine Cost and Lab Details
Here is the list of the MRI Ls Spine cost in India offered by 70+ labs.
Note that the MRI Ls Spine cost mentioned may vary from the actual price. Click on the link to know the updated prices and lab details.
Why is MRI Ls Spine Scan Done?
MRI scan is a non-invasive imagining technique done to detect and diagnose various medical conditions. It is one of the most commonly used imaging techniques done to visualize the internal parts of the body. The MRI lumbar spine scan is done to diagnose various conditions in the spine. A few of the conditions are
- continuous lower back pain
- injury in the lower spine
- signs of brain or spinal cancer
- birth problems affecting the spine
- numbness in the legs
- to undergo a surgery of the lower back
An MRI Ls spine will help to assess the anatomy of the lumbar spine. It also helps to plan a spine surgery or to evaluate the success of spine surgery.
What are the Preparations Required for the Scan?
Normally, there are no special preparations required for the MRI scan. But, you may be asked to fast for a few hours before the procedure if the contrast dye is used. The contrast dye will help to get detailed information on the body part that is being diagnosed. It may be given orally or injected into the vein.
You may also be asked to change into a gown provided by the lab. You are restricted to carry any objects with metallic content inside the MRI room.
It is also important to inform your doctor if you have kind of metallic implants such as a pacemaker, clips, plates, prothetic joints, clips, etc.
What is the procedure of the MRI Ls Spine Scan?
You will be asked to lie down on a table that slides into the MRI machine. The magnets on the MRI machine will rotate around your spine, creating a strong electromagnetic pulse. These signals will be then picked and sent to a special computer to process into an image.
The entire procedure will be monitored by a radiologist from a different room. Normally, it takes about 90 minutes to complete the procedure.
What are the Risks in an MRI Scan?
An MRI scan is safe compared to other imaging techniques. But you may develop allergic reactions if the contrast material is used in the procedure.
What are the Types of MRI Ls Spine Scan?
- MRI Spine Lumbar with or without contrast: A contrast agent is injected in the body or given orally for MRI Spine Lumbar with contrast. This generally gives better images than MRI without contrast. However, your doctor will be in the best position to decide which one to go for.
- MRI Spine Lumbar closed vs. open MRI Scan: Most MRI Scan Spine Lumbar machines require the patient to lie down and go into a machine. For people who fear closed spaces, this may cause anxiety. The technician can give sedatives in those cases. Another alternative is to opt for an open MRI which is more expensive but will not cause anxiety.
- 5 Tesla vs. 3 Tesla MRI Spine Lumbar: Tesla is a unit of measurement of magnetic strength. MRI machines can either be 1.5 teslas or 3 teslas. A 3 Tesla MRI Scan machine can produce better quality images at a faster pace. However, they are more expensive. Additionally, for most of the MRI scans that are done in India, the 1.5 Tesla machines are adequate.
- Screening vs. normal MRI Scan: Depending on the details required for the Spine Lumbar region, the doctor may recommend a screening or a normal MRI. The default is normal. Screening MRI scans is less expensive and the details are slightly less.