Complete Guide to SPECT Scan Test in India / SPECT Scan Test Cost in Delhi
SPECT- Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography
Diagnostic processes are carried out to identify disorders at earlier stages so that timely intervention gives better outcomes. Newer technologies in the area of radiology are being developed to improve the detection efficiency and treatment follow-ups. SPECT technology is the latest and advanced imaging technology which uses gamma rays. As it is a fairly new technology, not much is widely known about it. If you are advised a SPECT scan, you need to be aware of what the scan is, its purpose and procedure. labsadvisor.com bring in here a detailed guide to SPECT technology to give you a better understanding and help you be well prepared for the scan.
This guide covers all the related information under following topics:
- What is a SPECT Scan?
- How does SPECT Scan work?
- How does SPECT differ from PET Scan?
- What is SPECT used for?
- What preparations are required before undergoing the scan?
- What to expect during the Scan?
- What are there any risks involved?
- What is the Cost of SPECT Scan in Delhi?
- How can you book your SPECT Scan in Delhi?
What is a SPECT Scan?
A SPECT Scan is a nuclear imaging test which uses a radioactive substance and a special camera to show how the blood flows to the body tissues and organs.
How Does SPECT Work?
SPECT scan combines two technologies to create images – Computed tomography (CT) and a radioactive material (Tracer). The tracer allows the doctor to see how blood flows to tissues and organs.
Before the scan, tracer is injected in your blood. This tracer emits rays which can be detected by the scanner. The scanner will project the information emitted by gamma rays into 2 dimensional images. These multiple 2D images are added back together to form a 3D image of the organ. The type of tracer used depends upon the purpose of the scan.
How does SPECT differ from PET scan?
SPECT differs from PET scan in terms of the radio-tracer used. In SPECT scan the tracer stays in your blood stream rather than being absorbed by surrounding tissues as in the case of PET scan. Thus the SPECT scans is better in cases which require to study the flow of blood to organs.
What is SPECT used for?
SPECT is primarily used to see:
- How blood flows through arteries and veins in the brain. In the case of brain injury, SPECT is better than MRI or CT as it detect reduced blood flow to injured site.
- Brain SPECT imaging is also useful in distinguishing dementia from depression.
- SPECT is also important in the diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease.
- SPECT is also used to diagnose and track the progress of heart diseases, such as blocked coronary arteries.
- Doctors may advise SPECT to diagnose stress fractures in the spine, tumors and intestinal bleeding.
- It can also be used to diagnose and track the progression of cancer that has spread to the bones.
What preparations are required before undergoing the scan?
- Notify your doctor or technologist if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Also notify him all the medicines you are currently taking.
- Wear comfortable, loose clothes.
- Leave all your metallic jewelry at home.
What to expect during the Scan?
- SPECT/CT scans require swallowing a pill and or taking an injection of a small amount of a radioactive tracer.
- You may be required to wait for 20 minutes after the injection to let the tracer circulate and reach in the area of interest. The wait time varies depending on the exam and area of interest.
- This test will take 30-60 minutes.
- You will lie down on a padded table with the SPECT camera over the area to be evaluated.
- The camera detectors will be close to you and will rotate around you. The closer the camera detectors are to your body, the better the images will be.
- The SPECT/CT camera detects where the radioactive tracer is located. Once the scan is complete, the bed will move into the CT scanner opening for a short time.
- You may hear a noise from the machine, while the images are being taken.
What are the risks involved?
- Usually no risk is involved with most of the people.
- You may feel pain or experience some bruising after an injection.
- Spect scan is not safe for pregnant women .
What is the cost of SPECT Scan in Delhi ?
|SPECT Scan Test in Delhi||Min. Cost of SPECT Scan Test in Delhi|
|SPECT Brain Cost in Delhi||₹ 10800|
|SPECT Cerebral Perfusion Pre and Post Acetazolamide Cost in Delhi||₹ 17600|
|SPECT Cerebral Perfusion Scan Cost in Delhi||₹ 10400|
|SPECT Cerebral Ictal Scan Cost in Delhi||₹ 14400|
How to book a SPECT Scan in Delhi ?
You may call LabsAdvisor.com at 09811166231 now to book your SPECT Scan test in Delhi. You can also download our Android App ‘LabsAdvisor’ from Google Play store. If you want a call back, please fill out the form given below.
There are some other articles that may find useful for you, listed below:
- Complete Guide to VQ Scan – Lung Ventilation and Lung Perfusion Scan
- Book Thyroid Scan in India at Affordable Price
- Complete guide to Holter Test in India including Cost
- Complete Guide to Bone Scan in India including Cost of Bone Scan
- Know the Cost of ECG Test in India and Book at Discounted Prices
- MRI Test Cost in Mumbai
- MRI Scan Centres in Bangalore
- MRI Centres in Hyderabad