Ultrasound Level 2 Scan is a comprehensive imaging test that helps to evaluate your baby’s overall development. It is done in the second trimester of pregnancy (13th- 27th week).
Book this really important test at Mahajan Imaging, City X-Ray and also at your local top quality labs through us at up to 50% discount. The lowest Level 2 Ultrasound cost in Delhi is ₹1540 only.
Ultrasound Level 2 Scan Through LabsAdvisor
Level 2 Ultrasound Cost In Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida, and Other Cities
We offer discounts on the Level 2 Ultrasound cost in Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida, and over 20 Indian cities. Click on the link of your city below to choose a lab and make an online booking for home collection at a suitable time.
|City for Ultrasound Level 2 Test||Starting Price|
|Level 2 Ultrasound Price in Delhi||₹1540|
|Level 2 Ultrasound Cost in Gurgaon||₹1540|
|Level 2 Ultrasound Cost in Noida||₹2000|
|Level 2 Ultrasound Price in other cities||₹630|
What is level 2 ultrasound?
Level 2 Ultrasound gives in-depth information about your growing fetus including the size of developing organs, the position of the baby, amount of amniotic fluid, any deformity in the baby, or any other condition.
It gives prominent images of your fetal anatomy and development. Generally, it is recommended in the 20th week of the mother’s pregnancy. It is performed by professionals who help you to understand the real-time images of your fetus during the process.
It is also called an Anomaly Scan; USG Level 2; Level 2 Ultrasound.
Why is ultrasound level 2 recommended?
Ultrasound level 2 is one of the most common tests recommended to a pregnant woman at her second phase of pregnancy. Doctors suggest this scan to:
- assess the overall development of the baby
- evaluate the amount of amniotic acid in the mother’s womb
- check the position of the growing baby
- assess displayed fetal movements
- determine birth defects or other chromosomal conditions, such as down syndrome
- check other internal structures such as umbilical cord or placenta
- assess the mother’s cervix and vaginal canal
- determine the number of babies in the womb.
Do I need to prepare for a level 2 ultrasound Scan?
There is no such certain required preparation for your USG Level 2 Scan. You do not need to fill your bladder for this scan. Your baby will be grown enough to be seen through a sonography machine.
You will be asked to expose your belly so wear loose and comfortable clothes. Preferably wear two-piece clothing such as a salwar kameez or pant and top as you will be asked to lower your waistband.
And make sure you do not apply any cosmetic or ointment on your tummy prior to your test.
How is it done?
Ultrasound Level 2 scans are done abdominally. Your sonographer may take 20-30 minutes for your scan.
An Ultrasound machine creates 2D images of your fetus by detecting sound waves. A transducer (a medical device used to detect sound waves) is rubbed against your belly to track the baby’s movement and development. An attached monitor will show real-time images of your active baby.
During the scan, you will be asked to lie on an examining table comfortably. The sonographer will apply a transparent lubricating gel on your abdominal area.
This gel helps to reduce friction while rubbing the transducer. Then, your technician will move the transducer on your belly in different directions to track your baby’s various features.
As sound waves bounce off your baby’s features or organs, it will be captured as images by the transducer. A special computer displays these visuals.
Your sonographer will try many angles to view your baby and collect as much possible information about the growing fetus. When they will get a clear visual of your baby’s significant features, measurements will be taken from head to toe.
What can level 2 ultrasound show about the baby?
An Ultrasound Level 2 will produce detailed images of your 20-week baby. Through this scan, your doctors can:
- estimate whether your baby has cleft lip,
- check if the mother is carrying twins,
- assess the proper functioning of the baby’s heart,
- check whether fetus’ head and limbs are fully structured,
- check for baby’s number of toes and fingers,
- see the alignment of the bones in the spine of the baby,
- evaluate the correct size and shape of the baby,
- assess the development of abdominal organs, such as kidneys,
- check the placenta, the umbilical cord, and the amniotic fluid,
- determine the position of the baby in the mother’s womb,
- detect chromosomal abnormalities in the fetus,
- measure HC (Head Circumference), BPD (Biparietal Diameter), AC (Abdominal Circumference), and FL (Femur Length or thigh bone).
The sonographer will allow you to watch the real-time images appearing on the monitor during the process. These images are taken cross-sectionally.
Your technician will help you to understand real-time images produced during the scan as it may be difficult for you to figure baby’s organs. Generally, bones will appear brighter in the images while the baby’s soft tissues will look grey in color. The amniotic fluid around your baby will appear black in color.
Generally, results are available in a day or two. Your doctor will be in the right position to explain your results thoroughly.