Find Mammography Cost in Pune in all the labs, compare prices and book appointment online with up to 60% discount exclusively through LabsAdvisor – “India’s Largest Online Medical Test Platform.” Served more than 10 lakh happy customers across the country.
Mammography Test Cost in Pune
View all the labs for Mammography Test and updated prices by clicking on the links as it may vary.
|Find Mammography Test Labs, Cost & Book Appointment||Test Price Starting From|
|Mammography Price in Pune – Single Breast||₹ 1,600|
|Mammography Price in Pune – Both Breast||₹ 1,600|
If you need any assistance in finding mammography test price, call LabsAdvisor at 09811166231. To get a call back from our customer care team, click on the button below.
Frequently Asked Questions About Mammography Test
What is Mammography / Mammogram?
Mammography which is also called as Mammogram is an effective tool to detect breast cancer at the earliest. It is an advanced X ray procedure which can examine the soft tissues present in the breast. It can detect and diagnose cancers in these tissues.
Mammography is also done to check the progress of an ongoing treatment for breast cancer or chemotherapy in women.
Mammogram test can be divided into two categories depending on the study
- Mammography Screening: It is done to detect the presence of the tumors present in the breast which cannot be normally felt. It also looks for any possible risk of developing breast cancer in future. It also helps to detect microcalcification (calcium deposits), which may develop into cancer.
- Diagnostic Mammography: It is done to evaluate the breast cancer after it is detected. This test is followed by a screening mammography if any abnormalities is detected. It completely evaluates the part where the abnormality or tumor is present. It helps to carry on further diagnosis and evaluate the progress of an ongoing treatment.
Who are more prone to breast cancer?
The breast cancer is curable if it is detected and diagnosed early. So it is generally recommended for the women with following conditions to take mammography regularly as they are more prone to breast cancer.
- Women with family history of breast cancer
- Above 40 years of age (recommended to take mammography test annually)
- Women with medical disorders such as gene mutation of BRCA1 or BRCA2
- If undergone chest radiation therapy (advised to do annually from early 30’s)
You may also be asked to take MRI breast scan along with the mammography test to obtain more information.
Should I take Mammography Test?
In general, women above 45 years of age should take mammography test at least once a year. You are advised to take a mammography test if you have the following symptoms
- If you have a lump in the breast or armpits
- If the skin of the breast is abnormally thickened
- Any change in size or shape of breasts
- If there is abnormal discharge in nipples
- Any abnormality in the skin texture of breast
How should I prepare for the procedure?
Normally, the mammography test does not require any special preparations. You should avoid applying powders, deodorants or any cream on the skin of your breast. It is also advised no to take your mammogram test during your menstrual period.
Also inform your doctor if you are pregnant or on hormone replacement therapy.
How is the mammography performed?
Mammogram machine uses X ray to detect the presence of tumors. You should stand against the mammography machine with your breast exposed. A technician will place your breast on a table in the right position attached to the mammography machine. Then your breast will be compressed with the help of the paddle to spread it equally.
Both the breast will be scanned at different angles to detect any abnormality. The entire procedure of mammography test lasts upto 30 minutes depending on the information required.
What are the risks associated with mammography?
Mammography test involves few or limited risks due to the X ray used. You will be exposed to a minimal amount of radiation which is generally safe. You may experience slight discomfort when the breast is compressed.
But the benefits of the mammography test outweighs the risks.
What is a breast cancer?
Normally our human cells grow and divide to generate new cells which will be a replicate of the mother cell. But sometimes the new cells produced will not be a exact replicate of mother cell. This is called mutation. These abnormal cells are the primary reason for cancer in our body.
Our body has a built in error control process to destruct these abnormal cells. But sometimes they may not destruct these cells leading them to multiply overtime. These cancerous cells forms into a tumor which turns into cancer overtime.
The same thing happens in case of breast cancer. The abnormal cells form into tumor which can only be felt with X Ray. The cancer that originate from the milk ducts may not generally spread outside the breast. This cancer is known as Carcinoma (DCIS). Sometimes it may spread to other parts of the body through bloodstream which is called metastatic cancer.